Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

February 4, 2014

A Walk to Town on a Snowy Day

Suffering from cabin fever, I walked into town 2 days after 1/21 blizzard.  It was damn cold as I started out but at least the wind wasn't blowing for a change.  


The bridge has been literally down for maintenance so no ship traffic was able to use the Canal.  Nor were the trains able to use it.  So alas, a pic of the bridge down but once again, no train.  I'm beginning to think it's a conspiracy!



I probably should have waited till the snow was clear because only a few businesses bothered doing their sidewalks, so I had to walk in the street.

Snow on a reflector.


A fresh canvas for some high school-esque graffiti....


Then when I got home, I couldn't resist a couple snaps of the fuzzbutts.


13 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:16 AM

    I'm cold just looking at these pictures in my cozy living room. I'm so tired of snow that turns to black slush. Ugh! Bring on the spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's snowed a couple more times since I went on this walk. Snowed all day yesterday till about 7 pm, and we have another storm tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Cute pups and love the icicles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I'd had my camera with me a day or so after I took these. I was at the post office and the icicles were really impressive.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous12:43 PM

    For some reason, I really love the first picture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it's the birdbath in the background that kinda makes that shot.

      Delete
  4. It may have been cold but you still managed to get some great pictures! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't get out of this house more often I'm gonna go 'Shining' crazy. lol

      Delete
  5. Very nice pictures JoJo, we got plenty of snow here too, another 4-6" predicted overnight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We have ice coming tomorrow. lovely.

      Delete
  6. Snow is so beautiful...from afar.
    Bundle up and sip lots of hot cocoa.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it's really kinda cold where you are.We've not had any snow yet just rain,lots and lots of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the icicles - especially the first one set against the wood :)
    Suzanne @ Suzannes Tribe
    xx

    ReplyDelete