I just started making Beaded Driftwood Hangie Things (for lack of a better name). The little one I posted a couple months ago was just a prototype of the larger sized ones I wanted to do.
I have sooooo many leftover beads from prior projects and they have been accumulating by leaps and bounds over the years. I call them my 'end of day' beads. I decided to string them randomly for the hanger and the individual strands. I also found a bunch of brass bells in my old tackle box that I bought in the 80s from Pier One in Hyannis and decided to use them for the large size hanging I did first.
I was so excited to start this project that I failed to take my usual step by step photos. But I started by measuring and drilling holes in the wood, then just started stringing the beads and ending them with bells on the bottom. I also added 3 Chinese 'coins' on 3 of the strands.
Here's the finished product. This one is very heavy and I hope the pins and crimp beads hold.
Next I made a smaller one, since I still had tons of beads left. Measured and drilled for the pins.
Putting the pins in for each strand and the hanger.
This one used the last 2 bells and a window crystal in the center.
Still have quite a few end of day beads left, so I need to go beachcombing for more driftwood!!!