Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

March 23, 2013

Faberge', Schmaberge'

For this blue egg, I spent a great deal of time standing there keeping the bottom submerged so that it would get really dark, then the center and top.  It looks soooo good when it came out of the liquid but did not dry well at all.  I'm definitely gonna keep this one; it's my Ravenclaw egg.  ;-)



This was in the green dye bath for a long time, and dried blotchy  & aqua, too.   All those rhinestones are hiding a multitude of sins.  

Red and purple.  Not generally a fave colour combo but this looks OK.  Maybe someone who belongs to the Red Hat Society would like it. 

This uneven pink streak on the purple egg really proved to be a problem.  The big honkin pink ribbon is hiding a good bit of it, but the pink dyed part is still uneven and creates the optical illusion that the ribbon is crooked.  My rhinestone supply has been significantly depleted.  

This was my last green dyed egg, on which I'd attached that ribbon and then had second thoughts about it. Despite my best efforts to peel it off carefully, the shell came with it so I just wrote it off as a loss.  

Imagine my surprise to see that the inside of the shell had dyed a beautiful shade of green and was nice and even!!!  I wonder why that happened?  It looks so incredibly GOOD inside.  Maybe next year I will see what happens to the insides of the eggs once they are dyed, and then a section opened up for an interior scene.  If I'd known the green was going to look this good I would have tried to make something with it.
 Sick of eggs yet?

5 comments:

  1. Nope, never sick of eggs. The whole idea of a scene inside the egg just makes me shake my head in disbelief at your patience. Your eggs are gorgeous! You're absolutely right about the Red Hat ladies, they'd snap that one up in an instant. The color of the broken one is my favorite color, which you might have noticed at Life is Good ;-)
    So do you have an etsy shop? Or is your town a touristy town and you sell your stuff to gift shops? Because if you don't, I think you should. You've got some serious talent there.

    Tina @ Life is Good
    Co-host, April 2013 A-Z Challenge Blog
    @TinaLifeisGood, #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all your eggs turned out fantastic! What you think are flaws I think adds to the beauty.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bit of bling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have (or HAD) a whack of bling! Your eggs are great JoJo! So much fun seeing what you've done next... nope, not tired of egg posts at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your eggs are amazing!!!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete