Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

February 13, 2007

Could I be more relieved?

Bossman canceled his luncheon meeting today with that other law firm!!!!

Yesterday at lunch, in my typical, blunt Sagitarrian way, I blurted out, "So are you going to keep us in the dark about your little lunch meeting tomorrow or do I have to start looking for a new job?" He thought my question was hilarious. He said that he was just going to placate himself that he made the right decision in not wanting to move to another firm, to stop worrying, no need to start looking for a new job, etc. I was so relieved. Still though, the fact that he was still going bugged me, even though he said, "...and even if I did move, I need staff" so it sounds as though his plans did include me. But I am a creature of comfort and habit. I like my casual environment, I like the flexibility this job affords me, I don't want to start answering to a chain of command and be forced to wear business clothes/shoes (that I don't even own), be made to leave at 5:00 p.m. or be given a set amount of sick and vacation time.

This morning, I was at the copy machine and I hear him make a call and cancel the lunch date. He told the guy that it would be a waste of time, he'd already made up his mind that he doesn't want to leave. Of course my off-key rendition of "Thank you very much" was a bit obnoxious for 7:30 a.m., but I was absolutely thrilled that he canceled.

Phew!

9 comments:

  1. GREAT!I would have been the same way Jojo.I haven't met a fire sign that wasn't blunt as an old knife yet.

    Now you can relax and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I'm glad things are Ok with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:45 PM

    julie...

    Suhweeeeeet JoJo. I am thrilled for you. You deserve to be happy at work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:48 PM

    i'm a sag too! i suffer time and time again from hoof in mouth disease! but at least were funny about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Val on that, I just opened up a Canadian. Cheers

    ReplyDelete