Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

November 14, 2006

Six Degrees of Vincent D'Onofrio


Val and I were chatting by way of IM earlier today, discussing the "name dropping" posts we did. I asked if she remembered the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" thing that went around a few years ago, where someone figured out that every actor/actress was within six degrees of working with Kevin Bacon. I told Val, that by virtue of the fact that one of my cousins worked on a Kevin Bacon movie in the early 1990's, that Val (and everyone else I know) are also within six degrees of Kevin Bacon.

That got us musing about all the amazing actors and actresses Vincent has worked with, and could someone do "Six Degrees of VDO".... for example, what would be the 6 degree link between Vincent and, say, Gregory Peck? OK, maybe that's a bad example b/c Gregory Peck was in "Cape Fear" with Juliette Lewis who was in "Crooked Hearts" and "Strange Days" with Vincent....But you get the idea!
Unfortunately I don't have the time to research this. So I'm tossing out the challenge to my V-Love Gals out there in blog land.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm not too good at this, but you got me thinking and here's what I've come up with: Colin Farrell. He was in Minority Report with Tom Cruise, who was in a couple of movies with Nicole Kidman (who was also his wife, right?). Nicole was in Cold Mountin with Renee Zelweger, who was in Whole Wide World with Vincent (obviously!).
    So, what do you think, does it work? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Madi!!!!

    ReplyDelete