Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

December 15, 2017

Scorton Creek, Bird Farm & Titcomb's Bookstore


I really don't know how I keep letting time get away from me.  It seems like I had more time to do things when I was working full time than I do now that I don't work at all.  In my downtime I try to do food prep and crafts.  I did a craft show a couple weeks ago but it was a very poor turnout.  If it wasn't for my friends I wouldn't sell anything!  

Still trying to take advantage of good weather for walking although it's finally turned cold so I guess the only walks we'll be taking for awhile are on the treadmill at Planet Fitness.  However, we had a very mild day at the end of November so we went for a walk at the old bird farm in East Sandwich.


I've always loved Scorton Creek.  I have recurring dreams about it and the marshes. 

Looking towards Rte. 6A







 I really love finding these stones.





When we left, I stopped at Titcomb's Bookshop.  Despite passing this almost every day of my life the first time I lived here, going to high school & working with the kids (the eldest sister was even my babysitter for a bit), and my dad doing all their plumbing, I had never gone in.  It's an amazing place and maybe it's better that I hadn't gone in or else I'd've spent A LOT of money!!!   They have quite a few events here, including author readings and book signings.


This is super cool.  People have written book titles on these stones. 






If you find yourself in E. Sandwich MA, Titcomb's is a must visit/must see!

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:00 AM

    Oh my gosh! I love that rock garden! What a great idea. I love how quaint and lovely your corner of the world is. It's such a rare find these days in our country. You're truly blessed to live there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elsie. Cape Cod is very quaint, esp. in the winter. And I think Sandwich is the prettiest town but maybe I'm a bit biased. lol

      Delete
  2. I absolutely want to visit that book store. How fun!!! Nifty pics and adventure all around. Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You HAVE to check it out if you ever find yourself up this way!

      Delete
  3. Even when you're not looking, you find the coolest things.
    Be well, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn! "Once in awhile you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

      Delete
  4. Love the pix of the creek and Titcumbs looks interesting. Have a friend in the UK who paints small rocks to look like small animals.

    Merry Christmas to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you and Matt, Jo!

      Delete
  5. I love your photos. They bring me back to when I lived in a place that has seasons. Here in California the differences are subtle. Have you painted any rocks for the Kindness Rocks Project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! I honestly don't enjoy painting rocks. I did a few of them years ago and found it tedious. I like finding them instead!

      Delete
  6. Wonderful !
    Love Scorton where I grew up ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep!!!!! Love it there too. I never jumped off into the creek though. Just off Boardwalk. All those cars on 6A scared me too much.

      Delete