Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

May 9, 2017

Crafts Update

These seascape windows are so cool and I've been seeing them everywhere.  Needless to say when a class became available here in town, I jumped at the chance to do this!  Marsha signed up as well, and on a chilly, cloudy afternoon we had lunch at Chili's and then took the class.  It's super easy. Now that I know how to do it, I can do them myself.

It looks pretty good in the kitchen window.


Our grandson's first obsession is trains, specifically, Thomas.  I found a free cross stitch pattern online and this only took about a week to do.

So I finally joined a Planet Fitness.  One opened near our house and I signed up, but despite it opening in mid-March, it took till the end of April for me to start going.  I like it though.  They gave me a free tshirt when I joined but it was white so I got a tie dye kit.  Then I got a pack of 5 toddler tshirts to do as well.  I gave 2 of them to my friends for the toddlers in their lives, and the other 3 will go to Dale.



This is my planet fitness shirt.

I like how it came out.  I've never been very good at tie dye but this one was pretty good.

Once the embroidery was done, I was able to move my diamond painting into the craft room to finish it up.  The design is of Leonid Aframov's painting, 'The Loneliness of Autumn'.  I love his work.  

My next diamond painting is all ready to go and I have my new cross stitch underway as well!  

20 comments:

  1. That seascape window is very cool. Neat idea!
    Has been years since we did tie dye. Nice!
    "Loneliness" is quite lovely, good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SJ! I do enjoy trying new crafts, esp. ones that are easy like that window. I bought a bunch of stuff to make them!

      Delete
  2. I've tried tie dying shirts before and they always turned out looking pretty drab and not very colorful like the ones you can buy. Over 20 years ago (I can't believe I'm saying that now) I bought a beautiful tie dyed t-shirt at Venice Beach and wore it a few times before loaning it to an ex-girlfriend's adult son. I never saw the shirt again. Typical for whenever I've "loaned" things out.

    Nice window work. Another thing I probably wouldn't do as well as you.


    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee! I used to tie dye with that powdered RIT dye which always came out drab. But the kits available today are so easy. Just fill the bottles with water, shake and apply to a damp shirt. I think half or more than half of my tshirts are tie dye. I can't get enough. lol

      Delete
  3. You are a busy bee. I like it all. Such variety. And you are the coolest chick at Planet Fitness. Do a leg lift for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thank you! Well I don't know about the coolest chick, but the staff admired the shirt anyway! hahaha

      Delete
  4. My friend has some old windows for sale,I should get them & try what you did,so beautiful. I love all of your creativeness,you are one busy lady making memories for your friends & relatives! phyllis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phyllis! And you should definitely snag some of the windows and do this. It's so incredibly easy. I could walk you through it in a FB message or email. The craft stores are carrying the resin now, and shells, pebbles, sand, etc.

      Delete
  5. wow! you are busy!! that frame is amazing and so fun to take a local class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just picked up a few more things to make some of my own here at the house. I am hoping to do a Cape Cod design.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous1:19 PM

    That seascape window is gorgeous! Just amazing. I love how you turned your Planet Fitness shirt into your personality. I bet that will motivate you to go too. Good luck!

    Elsie Amata

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elsie!!!!! I actually like PF a lot, surprisingly.

      Delete
  7. Love the Seascape and your dye job with the shirts. Good luck with Planet Fitness! Need to very myself on a routine! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi! I should've gone to the gym today but I didn't. Hopefully tomorrow! I do feel better afterwards.

      Delete
  8. The seascape is awesome..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krishna! It was fun!!!

      Delete
  9. Those are striking colors. Autumn doesn't look so lonely.

    Be well, JoJo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I admit I was surprised by the title of the painting. I love it....it's so pretty and vibrant. Reminded me a bit of SF in the rain, after dark.

      Delete
  10. Anonymous10:15 PM

    I can't believe I missed this post! I LOVE the seascape! That is awesome, as are all of your photos - I will probably say that a million times to you and every time it will be the truth. You are so crafty. I love all of your stuff. Anymore fairy gardens in your future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimi! I don't know about fairy gardens...I don't even have room to put the ones I've made. Someday I'd like to do one out of a stump.

      Delete