Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

April 17, 2016

April Is Getting Away From Me....

It's been a very chilly month with snow and cold wind.  Haven't done any spring cleaning or pruning outside.  I was busy cranking on a cross stitch I started in mid-March and finished that the first part of April.  I made it for my stepson & stepdaughter in law in Ohio.  


I pulled out this watch face when I was doing the resin crafts, found the back for it and decided to just fill it with some Swarovski crystal beads and glued the back on.  

There was a Pinterest pic going around also on Facebook, for 'glow stick bubbles'.  Filled a jar with the bubble solution and cut open the glow stick.  It worked great at first but the glow chemicals faded almost immediately.  

I added a second glow stick and ran outside to blow the bubbles before the light faded out.

The wand in the jar.  Unfortunately the bubbles themselves didn't glow at all.  I suspected that the walls of the bubbles would be too thin to see and that was the case.  I don't recommend cutting open glow sticks.  I've done it before and the stuff smells bad and you can't help having it spill or drip on stuff.

Had a stunning sunset on the 12th after pouring rain all day.





Still working on my calendar project and started a new cross stitch.  Pepper's not doing well at all so that's had me really down as well.  And on top of that, I've been bone weary exhausted, having bouts of anxiety and not sleeping well either.  Seriously been a 'blah' month.  Hopefully things will get better when we get some consistent days of warm weather.

14 comments:

  1. The kids love to throw glow sticks into the campfire. It is cool to watch. They look like lava lamps before the burn up! April is going way too fast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I've never had a bonfire so I've never tried that.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous sunset! and as cool as those glow stick jars are, I'm sure I'd just make a mess of things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I totally made a mess with those glow sticks. I'm deleting any Pinterest projects that involve cutting up glow sticks!

      Delete
  3. Great pix of the sunset JoJo. Hope you get some warm weather soon. We have this weekend. It's supposed to get to the 70s today. Actually sat on our balcony for a while yesterday evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! It's supposed to be warming up here too. Might be turning the a/c units on by the end of the week!

      Delete
  4. Love your crafts and those sunsets. Woot. Glad your puppy is a little better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! Yes I'm very relieved that Pepper is OK for now. I was a basket case this past weekend.

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos.I really like the watch face with crystals. I've been unable to comment on blogs so hoping this one works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I need to put it on a cord or chain so that it can be worn!

      Delete
  6. Anonymous12:18 PM

    So happy your pup is on the mend. I know how stressful that can be. It makes me tense up just thinking about how sick my lit'l Luci is. I love that you try these Pinterest things. I'm going to start tackling some of my Pinterest saves and see how well I come out. Your photos, as always, amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes it's a relief that Pepper is better. I know all I did was buy her some more time, but that's OK. My pinterest boards no longer inspire me...at least not at the moment. I look at everything and go 'meh'.

      Delete
  7. My son's room was decorated in baby jungle animals/Noah's Ark when he was born, he's 19 now. :)
    Your pups are adorable!!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! Yeah my stepdaughter in law said they will be doing the baby's room in jungle theme with emphasis on monkeys, so I showed her the kit and she said it was perfect so I got it. And yes, I think my pups are adorable too! lol

      Delete