Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

January 19, 2016

More Craftie Things

Sorry I disappeared for a few days.  Winter's finally kicking in around here which sucks of course.  I was hoping for a relatively snow-free winter but we can all agree that's not gonna happen.  First big storm of the season is due this coming weekend.  I'm not a fan of snowstorms, but I'm even less of a fan of blizzards, so I'm hoping it's not going to be a blizzard.  Those are the worst.  

Continuing to get stuff off the craft table, I unearthed a plain white barrette and covered it with Guatemalan fabric, then glued on the charms.


This is the float I got up in PTown last fall, to which I added a beaded strand with little square mirrors.  It was hard to photograph.


I got this cool pendant and beaded a necklace for it.  However, it was just a bit too big for me.  I can't wear pendants this big, even though it's really pretty.  I gave it to my friend Clair.

Well the Seahawks went down in Carolina on Sunday, which sucked.  They left their A game back in Seattle.  But I made a batch of cookies anyway, last week.  

As usual, Sasquatch represents.

I also had a little resin starter kit that I got last year and didn't use.  Since I had this empty Altoids tin, the little duck and crab, I envisioned a little beach/pond type scene.  I know rubber duckies aren't found on the beach...but in the 1990s a ship dumped a container full of them into the ocean and they floated around the world, landing on beaches all over the place.  I had a hell of a time trying to get that 'grass' near the rock on the left to stand up, even though I put it in after the resin was set for a few hours.  Still need to cover the outside with paper but this is the gist.  I'd used resin for a couple of pendant molds and didn't quite have as much as I wanted for this project.




These are the pendants I made, although I need to add metal bails so that they can be strung. The paper (peace sign & pink) worked so-so.  The key & gears came out the best.  And I couldn't get the Evergreen State to stay in the middle.

At this point I have so many more craft ideas that I'm already overwhelmed and don't know where to start!  I need to seriously try to organize things so I can move ahead with my projects.

10 comments:

  1. As you know, I love those glass floats. The strands look pretty. Will they be OK in the cold? Dunno how you have time to do as much as you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! It helps that I am a stay at home wife. lol I won't put the float outside till April, with the rest of the outside things.

      Delete
  2. You are so creative! Love the beads and the barrette. So pretty. Hells bells, might as well say I like it all because I do! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the glass floats, and the ingenuity you use to create what you do. There's always something to see at your blog, thanks for showing us your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so in love with what you did with the Altoids container, I wanna try something like that too - it won't be nearly as cute as yours, but it'll be fun. Thanks, JoJo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn! I have so many altoid tin crafts lined up that I should probably start buying them!!!

      Delete
  5. Hi Jojo! I love to see your beady-ness in this post! So pretty. The altoid tin is adorable too! Good luck with the weather this weekend. I think we are going to pretty much be clear of any significant snow - but it looks ike you may see some in your neck of Massachusetts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I am DREADING this storm. I hate them. Taking the dogs out in a blizzard sucks. Ugh.

      Delete