Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

June 11, 2015

Plymouth Breakwater & Waterfront

After I left the 9/11 Memorial, I headed downtown to take a walk before the weather turned ugly.  


Advertising for the Pirate Tour.


In all the times I was up there, I had yet to walk out on the long breakwater that sticks out into Plymouth Harbor.  Figured it'd be a good day to do it.



Once off the wooden bridge on the rocks, it was not only windy, it was hurricane-force windy.

A lot of graffiti on the rocks....mostly obnoxious but I did like the shark.

Looking back at town.



By this point I was really getting scared I was going to get blown off the rocks.  I was so grateful for that cable because I was gripping it like grim death. I wanted to go down to the end but decided to turn back.

I know this looks creepy, like I was down on the rocks near the water, but I took it at the bend in the breakwater.  Believe me, I was still holding tight to the cable!

This is looking across the water at Long Beach.

And the tip of Long Beach.

Still sunny where I was

But bad weather was moving in fast

I was starved so I stopped at Cabby Shack for a quick grilled chicken Caesar salad.  It was so good.

I love how it's painted inside.  A couple of years ago, I posted a pic of the orca whale painted on one of the other walls.

This guy was next to my table.

Like I was going to pass up a Cupcake Charlie's!  I ate that on the walk back to the car.  Oh sweet funfetti icing goodness!  How I love thee!

10 comments:

  1. I don't remember a whole heap about my visit to Plymouth except for the restaurant we went to, the Mayflower which was right by the harbour. Plus the Mayflower itself. Love your pictures. Glad you weren't blown off the breakwater. Can you swim? Cupcakes? tut tut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can swim but I haven't in years, and that water is ice cold. I suspect I would succumb to hypothermia before I made it to shore. However it was dead low tide which probably would have saved my life.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures. I really like that rock. No way would I walk across any of those walkways! yummm cupcakes... Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well the jetties are flat enough to walk on but it does take a little skill to pick your way across them. There are some gaps with smaller rocks that, if you aren't sure of yourself like me, can give you pause.

      Delete
  3. Hi JoJo,

    As per usual, excellent photos and it was nice to trip around Plymouth. However, I don't remember Plymouth looking like that. Oh, wrong Plymouth!

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gary! I always found it amusing that the Pilgrims left England b/c of religious persecution and then named almost all their new settlements in America after towns in England.

      Delete
  4. I'd love to walk out on a jetty like that. Blustery winds might deter me too, though. The water always calls to me, but I'm not a good swimmer. Must have liked the water in another life, perhaps. Thanks for the photos, JoJo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Come on out here and there are plenty of jetties like that you can walk on.

      Delete
  5. Great photos! I wouldn't dare walk on the rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! It's not a bad walk as long as it's not super windy. They are pretty flat.

      Delete