Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

August 27, 2014

Scituate

My dear friend JoLisa was in town with her hubby and son for a wedding, so we were able to get together one Sunday for a trip up to Scituate.  That town's name is pronounced 'Situate'.  She & I had never met in person before, having been Facebook friends since April, 2009, probably because of playing Hatchlings. Over time we've gotten to be really close from chatting all the time.  It was to the point where I forgot that I never met her in real life before!  

I picked her up at her hotel in Plymouth and we headed up.  Here's a map to show where it is on the coast. All I can say is, thank god she had a smart phone that was able to give me audible turn by turn directions because I never would have found it!!!





The first place we went was to the lighthouse.




We walked out on this breakwater all the way to the end.  

Busy day out on the Bay! It was sooooo nice out.



Josie!!


Cool ship leaving the harbour.

Then in full sail!

Down at the end of the jetty.  



Anchors Aweigh!

I loved the glass bits embedded in the sidewalk.


What a great bead shop this is!!!!!!  I was fairly good....kept it under $35.


We went inside an antique shop and were delighted with the decorated ceiling tiles.

The proprietor said she passed out the tiles to local kids to decorate and return.  What an awesome idea!!!!


I like this old sign.  Pilgrim Highway is Rte. 3.

On the way back, I asked if she had a chance to see the Monument to the Forefathers, since she was in Plymouth almost every day.  She was surprised to hear about it because no one had told them it was there.  I chuckled because that seemed to be the case, despite it being in this location since the late 1800s.  So I took her to see it.


By the way, if you ever find yourself in Scituate, you must stop by for a slice or two at Harbor House of Pizza.  It was absolutely mouth watering delicious.  It's probably a good thing it's so far away or I'd be eating there every night!!!!!   A big THANK YOU to JoLisa for treating me to lunch there and for hanging out with me! 

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day and looks like a beautiful place. I would NOT want to walk along that breakwater, looks like a death trap to me.

    Just what I was saying about cyber friends isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Cyber friends do become real friends...it's just that they live far away that's why you don't see them.

      I admit there were a couple places on the breakwater that were hard to negotiate and required a jump that I was not comfortable making, but overall it's a fairly easy walk on flat topped rocks.

      Delete
  2. Great photo study, and I love seascapes anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And there's no shortage of seascapes here.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous9:15 AM

    I just love your photos JoJo.. I'm telling you, one day it's going to be me ringing you up telling you that I'm in town and you're going to have to take me sight seeing! I love all of the boats and lighthouses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! :D Hey any time. Russell calls me 'a professional tourist'. lol I love doing that stuff!

      Delete
  4. Wondering how you pronounce Scituate...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Situate. The 'c' is silent, or just said as the 's' sound.

      Delete
  5. I suspected it might. Just seems like a strange name for a town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look it up but it's from the Wampanoag name Satuit which means 'cold brook'.

      Delete
  6. Wow, that looks fantastic! Great - now I want to go to Salem, and we're broke. Thanks a lot, JoJo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Hey I was broke too....I only got a souvenir shot glass, 2 fridge magnets and a couple postcards in Salem. It CAN be done.

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful outing and so nice that you were able to make live connections with an online friendship that spanned several years. :)
    JoJo, you do take incredible photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anna! It's my hope to one day get to meet all my online friends. :)

      Delete
  8. Looks like you had a great time - I can't think of a better tour guide than you to that area. Like I've said before, the State needs to hire you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Russell calls me a Professional Tourist. I love taking people around! I usually wear one of my tshirts from out west or Canada too, so the locals think I'm 'from away'.

      Delete