Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

December 30, 2013

Sandwich at Christmas, Part 4

These trees have shells with the names of those who passed away from cancer.  There was one for my dad in 2003 and I have the shell on one of my curio shelves.  

Shells for friend Joya, who passed this summer, and her mom Janice who lost her battle in 2012.  Joya and I were in kindergarten together.  So tragic for their family, who also lost son Timmy in a car accident when he was about 18 or 19, back in the 80s.



Joya actually grew up in this house.  It's for sale now and I can't say I blame her dad for wanting to sell.








The sun was reflecting off the Town Hall windows onto the back of the Grist Mill.

Back to where I started, but not before a quick trip inside to check out the gift shop!

Just buy it all for me, K?




I hope you enjoyed my lengthy tour of my hometown at Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. Wow JoJo! Just got thru this whole series --- your town needs to hire you as their PR photog.... What wonderful pictures! Sometimes I wish the Christmas decor could be up year round, they are so lovely. But then I guess that wouldn't make them special at the holidays would it?

    You are lucky to live in such a quaint, historic town. Thank you for the grand tour so we can all enjoy the obvious hard work that goes into keeping it a treasured place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those shells just make me want to cry. What a beautiful tribute though. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, and all the tragedy in that family.
    I still need to read 2 and 3...
    Your photos make me want to visit!
    Maureen is right - you would be great at that!
    As to the gift shop...man I want one of those glass bowls with the squiggely edges, and of course you know how I feel about the colored wine glasses as we've discussed before...
    Tina @ Life is Good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have loved this 'series' JoJo , the town looks perfect :) Such a sad story about your friends family - makes you really appreciate things aren't so bad.
    Suzanne @ Suzannes Tribe
    x

    ReplyDelete