Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

August 25, 2011

Oh Happy Day!!!!

I have been looking forward to a Papa Gino's pizza for a long, long time.  One of their restaurants opened in the Cape Cod Mall in the 70's, shortly after the Mall opened.  It's a local company that started in East Boston in the late 60's.  Their pizza has always been a fave of mine for as long as I can remember.  It's the most like NY style, and soooo GOOD!  The west coast knows nothing about making good pizza, except for The Rock in Washington. Back in high school and college,  my cousin Diane and I had a tradition of getting 2 slices, eating all but the outer edge of crust, then bringing the crust with us to the movies to nosh on, in lieu of popcorn.

'Back in the day', it was an eat-in or take-out place only.  When I moved back here, I assumed this was still true.  The closest Papa's to me is in E. Wareham and I don't feel like driving there in the late afternoon or early evening (not that it's far, I just don't feel like going out at that hour) so I figured I'll just stop there for lunch eventually.  One day, I mused somewhat forelornly on Facebook how I wished Papa's delivered.  One of my high school friends commented that they DO deliver!  I called them and....OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!


Nom nom nom nom

Happy Dance!!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:43 PM

    I see there's a LOT of wind heading your way (not your personal wind of course!), so buy in a stack of those lovely pizzas and batton down the hatches love - stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, crunchy pizza crusts are best. None of this stuffed crust for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, I am pretty worried about this storm. I'm not sure what to expect, it's been years since I've been in a hurricane, although we've had some bad windstorms in WA. But I haven't seen windspeeds over 80 since I lived here as a kid.

    Val, stuffed pizza crusts are just gross!!! i've never had one but gag me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have one with everything... hold the fish.

    Yummy!

    Hey do you have a Backbay Bagel? I think that's the name... it was also a local co., and they have the best bagels ever! My fave was sunflower seed! Never seen that flavor offered anywhere since.

    They don't deliver.

    But yay for ZA~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what do you put on your pizza?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like mushrooms, sweet bell peppers, anchovies, pineapple, broccoli, sometimes onions, olives, not really a meat lover. Michael's bka the "TURF CLUB" - located Port Chester, NY has the BEST EVER brick-oven, pan-made pizzas. I know people who live as far out as Chi Town who come all the way to NY just for one. Cheers Jo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a plain cheese pizza person. Sometimes I will get half pepperoni. I've tried toppings and the bottom line is, my fave 'za is cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meat Lovers for me, thin crispy crust. I prefer more protein than carbs. :-)

    A Ladybug's Life

    Sonnia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:39 PM

    I love the pizza places that have online ordering. I order and they deliver or I can go pick it up. Very convenient. Stay safe, JoJo, thinking of you and wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete