Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

November 24, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a White......Thanksgiving????

Last week it was wind, rain and a 4.2 earthquake, this week it's snow!  It started on Sunday night and continued off and on all day Monday.  I went in to work at 7:30 and left at 10 and I'm glad I left when I did.  It kept snowing all afternoon and night, and the temperatures plummeted.  Some people were stuck in their cars, on I-5, for 8 or more hours last night due to so many accidents and the icy roads.  One guy was on a metro bus for 12 hours.  We awoke on Tuesday to a brilliantly clear but bitterly cold day.  The Dept. of Transportation begged people to stay home.  Hey you don't have to tell me twice!  

I worked on my holiday cards and played with the doggies in the yard while shooting pics. Later in the afternoon, we popped in "Best of Show".  Sagan climbed onto my couch with me, curled up with his head on my lap and slept.  Best heat source ever.

Enjoy the photos!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:23 AM

    Glad you got a day off but not looking forward to any snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoJo - I so agree - a pet in the lap is the most comfort ever!!! Until they get to twisting around and then that's a pain, but it never lasts too longs and everybody settles down again!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a happy AND healthy Thanksgiving holiday... with or without snow.

    I adore Best in Show. Funny to be watching it with doggie in lap!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow looks so pretty. It's a pity it's so cold. And slippery. And dangerous.

    That picture with the sun shning through the trees - as it moves forward in the slideshow, it looks like it's a movie with the sun glinting. Gorgeous.

    We might get snow this week. Not looking forward to it. Getting up at frozen dawn to feed and let out poor chickens who have to stay outside in the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother was playing in the snow in Seattle the other day!

    Happy Thanksgiving JoJo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:19 PM

    Beautiful - unless you need to go somewhere ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:19 PM

    Oh and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The melt is on. Snow is sliding off the trees now. I think it's 34 now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:25 PM

    Happy Thanksgiving JoJo!

    ReplyDelete