Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

September 27, 2010

New Hampshire in the Fall

I love the west coast and it is my home. Always will be. We have a beautiful fall season, but nothing can hold a candle to New Hampshire in autumn. All of New England is splashed with reds, golds, orange and light brown, but North Central New Hampshire is, in my opinion, the prettiest state at this time of year. The mountains look like they've been covered in Froot Loops. OK, I've never been to Vermont, but I did live in Maine for 2 years, and Massachusetts the rest of the time.

The following pictures are in no particular order, and were taken in the falls of 1983, 1985 and 1987. The most scenic byway is the Kancamagus Highway, that starts in North Conway on Rte. 302 and makes a loop through the White Mountains, back to North Conway on Rte. 112. It's an easy day trip. My pics take in a lot of the places on this map. When we went in the early 70's, my parents also detoured to take me to Story Land in Glen, and Santa's Village in Jefferson.



7 comments:

  1. Very beautiful, JoJo. Thanks for sharing. It's beautiful here in rural West Central MN too, but we don't have any mountains :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are so pretty - ours here just kinda stick to the yellow and then brown. So far this year, because of the warmish weather, they havent started to really change yet though. Just a few dots of color here and there... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:53 PM

    Beautiful JoJo. I especially love the bridge shots.
    Ontario's fall colours are gorgeous as well. Going camping next weekend, looking forward to deep reds and oranges of the maple trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely breathtaking! I love being in the Midwest in the fall. It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:22 AM

    Gorgeous, JoJo, but I have to tell you that Pennsylvania with its hills and mountains is spectacular in the Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:05 PM

    Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That glorious unspoilt countryside.

    ReplyDelete