Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

July 12, 2010

Fun with Seed Beads

And I mean 'fun' in the most sarcastic sense of the word. It's not that I hate seed beads, but they are tiny and working with them is time consuming. My bff/kindred spirit/sister Michelle works absolute magic with the tiny bastards. Me, I'm lucky if I break them out twice a year. I started working with seed beads first, in the late 80's & early 90's and was very prolific at that time. Now, not so much. I like working with larger beads that string quickly. There's way more instant gratification.

But there were a couple of projects I'd been wanting to get to, involving seed beads, so I decided to get it over with create them.

I had some really pretty pastel coloured plastic leaf beads and another one of those metal rings with the loops all the way around the edges.
I may try to stablize the center strands a bit better to clean up the way it looks where all of the beaded strands intersect.
This pretty pale green & gold glitter lampwork heart bead came from that grab bag I blogged about earlier this year. It hangs down from the center, lower than leaves.


Little blue leaf below the hanging loop.




I also got silver metal filigree butterflies in the grab bag.
Here is that same butterfly with green seed beads and crystals sewn onto the holes.


Medium & Large butterflies with crystals and beads sewn onto the wings.


A trio of beaded filigree butterflies!

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Jojo. I'm just amazed at what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:20 AM

    So pretty JoJo. I never really got into beads. I made the odd bracelet or two. I find beading so time consuming, so I really appreciate the work that goes into a project like yours. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:07 PM

    I need to clean my glasses; I thought the title was 'Fun with Sean Bean' ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those butterflies are absolutely fantastic! It's all wonderful, but they in particular speak to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! :D

    LOL at Diane's "Sean Bean" hahaha

    ReplyDelete