Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

January 28, 2007

My favorite picture of me

I was just going through some old pictures and found this. It's my fave picture of me when I was little. It was probably taken in the summer of 1967 at Springhill Beach, East Sandwich, Mass. My dad had a beach cottage at Springhill that he rented out. He owned it from 1964-1977, and we never once spent the night there. I love Springhill Beach and I still make sure to visit every time I go back east. I used to love to climb on the jetties, look for treasure (beachglass) and play on the sandbars at low tide.

So this is typical of what my dolls looked like. Clothes long gone, hair missing and/or wadded up, limbs twisted in a heap. And me, for whatever reason, watering it with a really sick smile on my face.

11 comments:

  1. LOL that is such a cute picture! aww

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!I thought about doing that for months now,but I thought it might seem silly.Now that I see others share my love of their younger photos ( I run from cameras now)...I will scan it and upload it.I need to do that anyway for security,you never know what might happen to hard copy photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT did you have against your dolls?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. too cute! hubbys family has a cottage on lake michigan and he grew up going there. it's one really nice thing we're able to pass onto our kids, they love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:26 AM

    julie...
    adorable, JoJo. I wasn't a "doll" kid. I played with GI Joe and Major Matt Mason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the inspiration Jojo.I hated dolls too!Never owned a Barbie,although I had a thing for Cabbage Patch Kids (I never played with them though).Maybe you were just watering the doll so it could push up daisies properly;)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bryde - That very well could be; I was never into dolls. I loved stuffed animals the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. jojo, this is a lovely post... you were so cute.

    I remember little of my childhood, except the caves, the dinosaurs, daddy going out hunting... hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hardly played with dolls either and loved the beach (still do!).
    What a little cutie you were!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:38 PM

    Wicked cute picture! I remember visiting the cottage with you and your dad off season. Your dad brought soda -- what a treat!

    I've never known what to do with stuffed animals, but did have a few Barbies. I used to make Barbie and Ken have sex (which I understood to be kissing with no clothes on) before introducing their love child, Skipper, (fully grown of course) to the Dream House. I also gave Barbie some pretty rad haircuts and piereced her ears with pins.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why am I not surprised???? hahaha The molded plastic Ken bits left me a little bit confused when I was a kid though....

    ReplyDelete