Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

December 14, 2018

Back to Reality Again

First, today is our grandson Dale's 3rd birthday!  How did three years pass already?? Happy birthday Little Buddy!


Well I didn't fall into a deep depression when we got home like I did after our trip in August, but it was really hard to get motivated for the rest of November.  I didn't do any craft shows this year.  We had our first measurable snow mid-month but fortunately it was mostly gone by the next day.

Did one short walk on the Canal but my foot hurts so bad so that was a quick trip.



After we got home from the trip I was desperate to get to see 'Bohemian Rhapsody' in the theatre so I went one afternoon and he went to a different movie called 'Overlord'.  BR is easily one of the best movies I've ever seen in my life.  If Rami Malek doesn't get nominated for....and win...an Academy Award it'll be a sin.  His performance as Freddie Mercury was mesmerizing.

Speaking of movies, we also went to 'Fantastic Beasts:  The Crimes of Grindelwald'.  I was a bit confused after it and probably should've watched the first movie before we went.  I left with a lot of questions.  It was good and all, but it's hard to like this franchise as much as Harry Potter because there are a lot of timeline changes with the characters that don't quite match up.  The Fantastic Beasts movies are more like someone's fan fiction brought to the big screen, even though JK Rowling is involved with the screenplays.  I would prefer if these would be released as books.

Thanksgiving was really quiet.  Val had to work till about 2 and her mom was doing her dinner at 6, so there wouldn't have been enough time for her to come all the way over here.  Since Nick & Karmyn just got engaged, we told them that it was OK if they wanted to play through at her parents' house all afternoon and then go to his mom's for 6.  It was just Russell & I and a whole lotta delish food!!!

Val's birthday was over Thanksgiving weekend.  This is the card I made her. 


Also made her a carrot cake from scratch.  
She came over the day after Thanksgiving and I took her to see 'Bohemian Rhapsody'.  It's very rare that I go to a theatre to see a movie twice but this one is worth a second look.  The last time I did that was in 1991 when 'Dances with Wolves' came out.  Here we are waiting for it to start.  This theatre has recliners and I honestly don't think I can go back to regular movie seats again.


She also turned me onto Stroopwafels.  I've never heard of them or seen them before but wow are they tasty!  Just picked up a box!


One of my friends posted a pic of a cross stitch and wrote 'please make this for me'.  So I did.  I love fast projects like these.  

Another instant gratification project.  This was a free kit with a bead embroidery I got.  It came with  the little paper frame and a magnet for the back.  Took about a half hour or so.

My friends Cindy and Michelle destashed some of their craft supplies and sent them all to me.  There are several little cross stitch ornament kits, and then this one of West Quoddy Head Light in Lubec, Maine. This just took about 3 days to complete.  I'm finding it harder and harder to stitch on 16ct Aida, especially white-on-white.  My eyesight is so shot.  😢

Can't believe Christmas prep is in full swing and then another year come and gone way too fast.

4 comments:

  1. it's been a full year indeed - you've crammed a lot in. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After being tied down to my horrid mother till she went into assisted living in Feb., I really needed an 'action packed' year of actually doing things. Three vacations in one year! haha Talk about making up for lost time.

      Delete
  2. Lot of things together. I enjoyed every bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krishna! Definitely 'the year of family'.

      Delete