Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.*
Share 6 / 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird.*
Tag 6/ 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.*
Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog .
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. I was on "Entertainment Tonight" with Brian, in September, 1989. We were on our way into Golden Gate Park for a free Bob Weir/Rob Wasserman and Jefferson Airplane concert, which was also a canned food drive. We were dressed in our finest Deadhead gear as we were going to see the Dead that night as well. ET stopped to ask us some "man on the street" questions. We never gave it another thought till the following week when our phone started ringing off the hook with friends and family who saw it.
2. I used to answer the request line at WZOU radio in Boston. Except the position was called "Phone Research". Here's an industry secret: Requests rarely, if ever, get played, unless the song is in the regular rotation. Once in awhile the DJ would tell me he'd take the next call, just to put a caller on the air. The rest of the time, I just sat there w/ a list of all the songs in rotation and would put a mark next to each one that was requested, then turn it into the programming department who would decide what songs got played more and what ones were dropped.
3. I've seen "Paper Moon" so many times I can do huge chunks of dialogue by all the characters.
4. Co-Class Punk Rocker of Sandwich High School's Class of 1982. For the first time, they had to break with tradition of electing just one female and one male to this particular category of the Senior Superlatives list. Apparently the class was equally divided as to who should have the honor, me or my best friend Liz. In 1982, Liz & I shared the honor, along with our friend Doug Ewer.
5. Famous People I have met: John F. Kennedy, Jr., The Clash, Elvis Costello, Bob Weir, Jerry Garcia, "Red Green" (Steve Smith), Phil Donahue, James Coburn, Robert Urich, Wavy Gravy, Native American authors Mary Brave Bird and Ed McGaa, and I talked to Bill Mumy on the telephone. Saw Gene Rayburn (game show host in the 70's) in a gardening shop on Cape Cod, and saw Paul Kantner (of Jefferson Airplane) at the Safeway grocery store in the Richmond District, SF.
6. I have brewed beer. Brian supervised and helped me with heavy lifting, but I did the entire batch on my own. I brewed it for the "Queen of Beer" contest. Although it didn't win in Queen of Beer, we submitted it under both of our names for 2 other contests (in Indiana and Southern Cal) and won Certificates in both.
TAGGING: Fancy Schmancy, Drowsey Monkey, FenwaysPal (so that she'll update her blog), Bryde (if you feel up to it), Val, and Kris.