Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

December 12, 2018

Intrepid Travelers

We were both kind of dreading the trip home cause that is one long drive from Orlando to Cape Cod.  We're talking about 1,200 miles!!  We left about 7:00 AM to head north.









White palmetto tree as seen on the flags and state symbols.

I thought this was unusual for a major highway, to have the trees so close.





This rest stop is about 3 miles north of South of the Border.  I was so creeped out that I wouldn't use their bathroom so Russell stopped here for me!!!



Very blurry cause it was about 6:00 but we made it to Virginia the first day, and stayed in Emporia.  After a delicious meal at Cracker Barrel we checked into a hotel and crashed for the night.

 Up real early in the morning to continue on.

Got to the Capital Beltway around DC right at rush hour so it was definitely slow going.

 Loved this truck.  I lived for Scholastic Book Fairs in elementary school!

Maryland by mid morning....more traffic around Baltimore.

 I didn't realize we were going to pass through Delaware too...I was lucky to grab my camera in time!


We could have branched off to avoid the DC/Baltimore metro area but we had one more stop to make on the way home, in South Plainfield, NJ.

Russell got antipasto salads from this place called Pizza Stop that would deliver to the Halls Warehouse a few blocks away.  He hasn't had one in well over a year since his forced retirement.  He was so excited to stop here on the way home.  We got here about 2:30. 

I got a really good pie.  I miss NY/NJ style pizza!

He was so very happy to see that they hadn't changed anything with the salad.  He got two.

Aw look how happy!!!!!

The rest of the trip home was uneventful and we were in the house and relaxing by about 8:00 pm.  This was easily one of the best vacations ever....from seeing the boys and doing Halloween with them to living out my dream of seeing Harry Potter World, it was a perfect trip.  Made a lot of memories and had a lot of laughs. 

6 comments:

  1. glad you didn't blink to miss Delaware. My sister lives there.
    And glad you had such a smooth trip. Awesome all the way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally forgot that 95 clips the top of DE. The trip truly was perfect in every way!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:56 AM

    My mouth is watering right now. Pizza and an antipasto salad? Sign me up. I was planning on making fish for dinner but now I'm contemplating on calling out for pizza instead!!

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get pizza then? lol Yeah it was good. Not quite as good as NY style but better than most of the stuff around here.

      Delete
  3. Happy Bday to Dale. And pictures are amazing like always.
    good day.
    My Blog | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete