Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

December 16, 2018

Glass Museum

I know I've posted the Glass Museum many times, but I just can't help myself.  It's one of my fave places, especially at the holidays.  They always have some kind of amazing special display, plus the annual Glassblower's Christmas. 

Russell asked me what I wanted to do on my bday and I said I wanted to go here.  We took my mother in law and then went out to lunch afterward.  It was a fun day!  

I love glass.  I've always loved glass.  For as long as I can remember. 


Somehow the glass is blown around the glass figure.


I want this so bad!

And these



So beautiful.

That's the Sandwich Town Hall across the street.  Nothing like some Greco Roman architecture in the middle of a quaint colonial town. 😄

Gorgeous paperweight




This is a marble thing where you press a button to make that motor and chain move a scoop that launches a marble when it gets to the top. Then it rolls down the tracks moving other components as it goes.  One of the coolest glass things I've ever seen.

In the gift shop.  The trees and ornaments are part of Glassblowers Christmas.

This is the ornament I picked out for us for this year.  The name of the glass artist escapes me, but they are on the Cape.  

If I could afford it, I'd buy everything in the gift shop.


Well worth a stop if you ever find yourself in the Sandwich area.

4 comments:

  1. sounds like another reason to head north. I love glass too. That place looks like heaven. Maybe if we pool our money we could buy everything and then share it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tacoma and Western WA are big on glass too....Chihuly is King up there. It's cool that I lived there and also grew up in a glass town too.

      Delete
  2. Hi JoJo,

    I share your love of glass museums. I find the photos fascinating. This was a crystal clear post and I thank you for that.

    Take care,

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gary! Glass is so beautiful!

      Delete