Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

November 14, 2018

Bonus Trip!

When we left OH we drove through the night to make it to Orlando, FL so that I could finally see Epcot and also Universal's Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  It was soooo hot and humid and it was very surreal for me to be there because I haven't set foot in Florida since 1978 when I was in 8th grade.  40 years.  Long before Epcot was built.  In a side note, we traveled through Kentucky and Tennessee so I got 2 more states under my belt, even though it was in the wee small hours and I slept through most of it.



We did a couple of rides first thing. I took a gazillion pictures on this trip so it was hard to pick just a few.

Mickey

Manatee in Living Seas.

 We were eager to get to the international countries which opened at 11.

First up is Canada.  I loved that there was more of an emphasis on the Pacific NW.

I was admiring these gardens and thinking, 'Sure reminds me of Victoria and Butchart Gardens'.  Then I saw the plaque saying that this was inspired by Butchart Gardens.


Russell enjoying his beer at the Rose & Crown in England.

Next was France.  It should be noted that there are penny press machines all over the park and in each country, except for France.  Figures.  😒

Morocco was one of my faves.  The tile work, lamps and textiles are exquisite.

Then Japan.

America

Italy

Germany.  We stopped into the Biergarten for their buffet and it was so good.  Best food ever! With an oompah band too, that did 'Paloma Blanca', which I was so stoked to hear.  They sang it first in German and then English.

I have always been a huge fan of German Christmas items and I saw quite a few of these in Gettysburg back in August but they were very expensive.  We spotted this one for a very reasonable $75 (vs. $1,000 in Gettysburg) so we bought it and had it shipped home.

After we stuffed our faces, we continued on visiting countries. The next one was Africa (although I guess that's technically a continent).

China

Norway.  At this point it was starting to sprinkle.

Mexico was next and the skies just opened up and poured down rain.  To visit this country, you go inside that pyramid instead of the other countries that have separate buildings but on the street level.  Needless to say everyone was pouring into it to get out of the rain.  It was packed solid.  And dark.  Serious claustrophobia.

Inside the pyramid.  If there was a penny press machine, I couldn't find it but I also didn't look.  I left as fast as I could.  I'd rather get soaked than deal with that crowd.

By the time we worked our way back to the front it was pouring off and on. It was a long day but an amazing day.  I was so happy to finally get to see this place!!!


We were exhausted by the time we got back to our hotel but with a million memories, and pictures! And souvenirs!

8 comments:

  1. around the world with JoJo....fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a long but very fun day. I'm still dreaming of that amazing German buffet.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:46 AM

    What a fun trip! And now I'm hungry for German good. I miss living there so much. Their food and festivals are the best in the world. I'm so glad you had so much fun JoJo. You deserved it!

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish there was a German restaurant here. That buffet was amazing. I ate so much!!!!! Now I have to try and narrow down over 400 pics of Harry Potter World for my blog.

      Delete
  3. Yay! This was a very fun post. Thank you. I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn. I'm so glad that you are OK but heartbroken for your community. I pray for rain for CA.

      Delete