Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

November 18, 2018

My Dream Come True

The actual purpose of the trip to FL was so that I could finally get to see Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando.  To say that I bawled my eyes out when we arrived would be an understatement.  I couldn't believe my dream had come true.



I cannot say enough about how utterly PERFECT this place is.  Every single detail lovingly attended to.  

My only issue is that in order to visit Hogsmeade, ride the Hogwarts Express and visit Diagon Alley, you have to buy the 2 day, 2 park ticket, which is obscenely expensive.  But this is something I have wanted to see for so long so we sucked it up and shelled out hundreds of dollars.  

Our first stop was Hogsmeade.  The line to ride the first train to Diagon Alley was a mile long so we opted to explore 

First I got an interactive wand at Ollivanders.  I picked Luna's.  The wand works in front of certain windows.  There is a marker on the ground that shows you the wand movement and where to stand.  I didn't find that they worked very well at all, for adults or kids.  And the lines to do it were also long so I only did a couple.  I put the wand safely back in the bag because I was afraid I'd lose or break it.

Hermione's Yule Ball dress at Gladrags Wizard Wear



Hogwarts!!!!!!!!  There is a 3D ride inside but I'm not a ride person.  I think the first part starts out OK but then gets a bit too extreme for me.  I get motion sickness.



I tried both the regular and frozen butterbeer.  The frozen one is way better.  But both are delicious.

 Aberforth's bar the Hog's Head


We had breakfast at the Three Broomsticks.

We had the American and their food is incredible!!!


Next stop was Honeydukes Sweet Shop



Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans


I really want more of these.  I only got one. The packing is gorgeous.

We were happy to see that the line thinned out to the train so we took that opportunity to take the trip to Diagon Alley.

This is a prop train in front of the station.  You can have your pick taken in front of it with a man dressed like a conductor.

Inside Hogsmeade station.





In the windows to the outside runs a really cool effect of rushing past the scenery, with characters popping up from time to time.  Hagrid waves to the train heading out.

Those are the compartment lights reflections.

Buckbeak flying by

In the frosted windows to the corridor are shadows of the characters and you can hear their voices talking.  The trolley witch goes by too.

It's a very short ride to King's Cross in London.


I thought this was an inspired bit of decorating, putting up the mural from the beginning of 'Half Blood Prince'.

When you walk out of King's Cross, you are in 'London', which is in the Universal Studios Theme Park (hence the need of the 2 park ticket)

The Knight Bus and Stan Shunpike are on the street too.

 The shrunken head moves around and interacts with people. 

Once you get to London it's up to you to try and find where Diagon Alley is....

Where could it be?

4 comments:

  1. OMG. How fun! This just moved up my bucket list. Now I have to work hard and earn the money to go...and pay for Ray too. Wow - so cool. Glad you had your dream trip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This place is so perfect. I forgot to mention above that the portrait of Lockhart moves just like in the movie. It's definitely worth the money...but food, souvenirs and drinks are also off the charts.

      Delete
  2. Your pictures are always amazing, that dragon on building is outstanding!! i wish i can roam like this.
    My Blog | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shweta! Come on over to the USA!!!! Although I think London is probably closer and they have lots of cool Harry Potter stuff too.

      Delete