Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

October 23, 2018

Martha Mary Chapel & Mary Had a Little Lamb Schoolhouse, Sudbury

Across the street from the grist mill is the Martha Mary Chapel.  New England has the most beautiful old chapels and churches I have ever seen.  



It looks striking against the bright blue sky.





Again, Russell waiting patiently for me in the car.  He was the smart one....he was nice and cool.  I was sweating to death.  😎


There is also a very old schoolhouse next to the chapel.  It's also known as the "Mary Had A Little Lamb Schoolhouse" as the rhyme was written here.  I did not know that!!!!!! 




I assume that's the outhouse but I didn't go look.

There is a metal plaque of an old reader book with Mary Had A Little Lamb.




I will have to go back in the summer and see if the building is open.

4 comments:

  1. Indeed, I"m not a church goer, but I do love old churches. Looks like everything is well maintained. So fresh against lovely backdrops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a church goer either but I love to shoot architecture!

      Delete
  2. Two years back my son went on a field trip to visit similar kind of one room school house.
    Do you know Jojo, few days back we were on Bar Harbor, and I saw a beautiful glass piece on the beach, and your name came in my mind. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were just in Maine? So cool!!! I hope you picked up the beach glass! Did you have fun?

    ReplyDelete