Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

October 21, 2018

Longfellow's Wayside Inn Grist Mill, Sudbury

The day after our trip to Wellfleet, we decided to head up to the town of Sudbury so that I could knock a few more things off my bucket list.  It was a very warm and humid day....hopefully the last one for the year.  The foliage has been spotty but it was very pretty the day we went.  

This is along I-495.






Our first stop was at Longfellow's Wayside Inn Grist Mill.  I honestly never read anything by him unless forced to in high school English, but apparently he wrote 'Tales from the Wayside Inn'.  This grist mill is down the street from the Inn and was built in 1929.  It was the first of four stops on my itinerary.


It's extremely picturesque.  I don't know if they still use the waterwheel, but it wasn't operating that day.

Russell poked around a bit but returned to the car to sit in the a/c while I walked all over the property, up to the Mill Pond above. 

At the top of the mill above the waterfall.


Mill pond.








2 comments:

  1. Oh I long for fall color. We are just turning brown here in TX. Very sad. Your pics are too perfect. I want to poke about in old quaint towns. Keep on having fun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne! I've been knocking my bucket list out of the park since August!!!

      Delete