Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

October 20, 2018

Atlantic White Cedar Swamp Trail

The Atlantic White Cedar Swamp Trail has been on my 'local bucket list' ever since I read about it on multiple websites, saying that it's one of the best trails in the state.  The trail can be accessed from the parking lot of the Marconi Site.  Incidentally, they have a comfort station at the trailhead which was a godsend.  Just sayin'.  The trail is only 1 mile.




I was glad that this was a mostly downhill and flat trail.  






Russell decided to wait for me to finish the loop instead of going all the way to the end.  But I really wanted to see the boardwalk part of it so I went on.

It was so quiet you could hear the ocean waves washing up on the beach.



 

Foliage! Woo!

I didn't see the dinosaur that was making these tracks.  😅😅


He headed back to the parking lot on his side of the trail while I finished the loop and we came out at the entrance where the trails meet. The sun was starting to come out too.


We finished off our morning explorations with excellent sandwiches from Sam's Deli in Eastham.

6 comments:

  1. You earned your deli lunch with that wondrous walk. Love the twisty trees and it would be cool to hear the ocean off in the distance. Very nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Access to the National Seashore Beaches is becoming harder due to erosion and storms washing away stairs.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe that you haven't come across a dead body with all of the creepy woodsy places you go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think right? Even out west I went to some remote areas but fortunately I haven't had to end up on an episode of Dateline as the person that found the remains. haha

      Delete
  3. great walk.. Love the thick forest..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely walk! The forests are much thicker out west though.

      Delete