Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

August 13, 2018

Gashlycrumb Tinies Scavenger Hunt

I've featured pics of the Gorey House here a few times so I think I'll skip doing a post with those and instead focus on the Gashlycrumb Tinies Scavenger Hunt.  The tinies is a very macabre alphabet book about 26 children that met tragic ends.  You have to look for clues....both obvious and hidden...and check them off as you go.  Sheila and I were determined to get all 26.





A is for Amy who fell down the stairs

B is for Basil assaulted by bears

C is for Clara who wasted away

D is for Desmond thrown out by a sleigh

E is for Ernest who choked on a peach

F is for Fanny sucked dry by a leech.

G is for George smothered under a rug

H is for Hector done in by a thug

I is for Ida who drowned in a lake

J is for James who took lye by mistake

K is for Kate who was struck with an axe

L is for Leo who swallowed some tacks.

M is for Maude who was swept out to sea

N is for Neville who died of ennui

O is for Olive run through by an awl

P is for Prue trampled flat in a brawl

Q is for Quentin who sank in a mire

R is for Rhoda consumed by fire

S is for Susan who perished of fits

T is for Titus who flew into bits

U is for Una who slipped down a drain

V is for Victor squashed under a train

W is for Winnie embedded in ice

X is for Xerxes devoured by mice

Y is for Yorick whose head was knocked in

Z is for Zillah who drank too much gin.

2 comments:

  1. What a weird set of puzzles. I take it you did solve them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I'd gotten a few the other times I visited the house but this is the first time that I concentrated on all 26. Gorey was master of the macabre, as you can tell.

      Delete