Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

August 15, 2018

Summer Fun

Fun with filters and lenses.  All there was to do on a hot, humid day.


This one is kind of interesting.


I like this as well but you can't focus with these filters so that's kind of a drawback.

I forgot to mention that my bff Holly was in town and we got together one day.  It was so great to see her and we picked up where we left off.  Last time I saw her was 19 years ago before I moved to Washington.  I got to see her hubby and meet her sons.  She wanted to walk on a beach, check out an old cemetery and go to the Christmas Tree shop.  We also got ice cream and hit up a souvenir store.  I took her to Onset for the beach portion of our day.





Then to the cemetery in Wareham off Tihonet Road.

And the Christmas Tree Shop. For those who have never been in one, it's not all holiday themed till the holidays.  They sell all kinds of things....souvenirs, housewares, dry goods, yard/garden stuff. This one is in Sagamore next to the bridge.

On the way home from Provincetown, we stopped at this super kitschy souvenir store so that I could get pics of these really cool floats.

They make me wish I had a pool, or access to a pond.




I saw these on the road at another place, and you can hook them up so that water comes out of the unicorn's horn point and the t-rex's nose. 

How awesome are these??

I was cutting back branches and vines a couple weeks ago and nearly lopped this branch off till I saw the bunch of grapes.  I am hoping they ripen up nicely.  

Cool clouds.

Russell's been dying to go quahogging (clamming) so I went with him even though it was wicked hot.  I don't like being left at home alone anymore w/o a doggie.  This is the Bourne Water District building.  I've always loved that faucet over the arch.

We went to Monk's Park in Pocasset.



It was low tide and the water was as warm as bathwater.  Not refreshing at all.  I only waded in to my ankles.  Russell only got a couple quahogs that were the right size.  All the rest were tiny.  There were other quahoggers there as well who also weren't having much luck.

We didn't stay very long as it was just too hot.


8 comments:

  1. Matt used to go clamming in NC. He went by boat though Tickles me, you are surrounded by gorgeous beaches and sea and you were wishing for a pool or pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm not going to pay up to $20 to park at a crowded beach full of loud people and off leash dogs that aren't supposed to be there. I have a sticker for Bourne beaches only. I wait till fall/winter to hit the beach and would love a nice private soaking pool in the yard. But even this year the water would have gotten too hot.

      Delete
  2. Cute floats! I'd like a pool, but also think it would be like bath water until this heat simmers down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, same here. You'd have to empty and refill every day to get cooler water.

      Delete
  3. I've never seen such fun looking floats. California really needs to step it up.

    Looks like you've been having loads of fun, JoJo.
    May it continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much fun as the humidity has allowed anyway! lol

      Delete
  4. Looks like you are muddling along in the heat. Great pics. Hey - just get that T-Rex lined up to squirt cold water at you - I loved that and the unicorn idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We passed by a second shop with floats and they had their unicorn and Rex spouting the water. I never even noticed these did that till we passed the others. lol The weather has been so awful this year.

      Delete