Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

September 18, 2012

Dragonflies and More Ornaments

Some pretty pics of my yard, which is starting to show signs of changing over to fall, although the day I shot these was so incredibly hot and humid that the camera fogged up so bad that I had to wait for several minutes for it to acclimate to the tropical temps.  

I have been trying so hard to get a good dragonfly shot.  This guy landed, and let me get very close to him from all angles to shoot photos.  I even put my finger out near the branch to see if he'd climb on but he didn't. He didn't fly away either.



The poke weed is now out in all it's poisonous glory.  It's a seriously pretty plant, especially since the berries ripen in a gradiated way, which is cool.  The pups show zero interest in it, or else I'd rip it out.  


I told you I would master the friendship bracelet!  Now I need to attempt the chevron pattern.  Bad me though, I did a bad job of measuring so it's just a little too small for me.  :(  

Poured paint in an ornament again.  Hoping the thicker layer will keep it from chipping or separating.


Laura at Remembering Life's Moments posted instructions for this simple beaded crystal ornament so I had to try it.  The large red crystal is hanging inside the ball.

What the side crystals look like from the top.

And a real quick beaded cross stitch I did over the course of two weekends.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:42 AM

    Those pictures of the dragonfly are stunning. We had so many in backyard this year it was bizarre. I'd never seen so many before! I'm amazed this one stayed in one spot for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dragonflies are beautiful if you can catch them still. I shot a photo of one a couple of years back. The link is here: (it's a post about Serendipity)

    http://dghudson-rainwriting.blogspot.ca/2011/09/right-place-must-have-been-write-time.html

    My daughter did beadwork and friendship bracelets when she was really ill, and it gave her something to pass the time. I even took some into work to sell. I think your quality looks very good (measuring is tricky). I used to do macrame which also uses knots.

    Nice photos of the crafts, Jojo, and I've never seen that plant before - is it strictly east coast?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dragonflies are National Geographic worthy. LOVE the beaded ornament also! Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously. Those dragonfly pics are amazingly beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas ornaments already? Oh my!

    Aren't dragonflies just the most beautiful natural jewels? And I imagine the inventer of the helicopter watched them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dragonfly shots are amazing! I can't believe you were able to get that close. Your ornaments turned out cool, I love the poured paint idea.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOOOOOOOOVE the pained ornaments you make! GREAT colors!
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so talented :)

    ReplyDelete