Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

August 7, 2006

What did we do before computers?

Well my home computer is still at the shop, and Blogger won't let me upload any photographs so this will be a fairly boring entry. Ho hum.

It was weird not to be able to go upstairs and check in on all the Vincent blogs I like to visit every day. I hope that the computer is ready today. The damn thing is costing us more to fix than buying a new one. This is the last repair. Next time it crashes, we're pitching it and getting a new one! What did we do in "the old days"? Remember the old days? Before cell phones and fax machines? Before debit cards and cable TV? When you actually had to get up off the couch to change channels? And when you had to just deal with waiting in line at the store because the cash registers weren't electric, and the credit card machines were manual?

How much time are we really saving anyway by having things go faster and faster? I'm extremely guilty of being impatient, especially waiting in line at the store.

To my Molly.VDO pals - hopefully I'll be back soon but I am keeping up with all of the entries.

Later!!

3 comments:

  1. It's funny when Diane and I were on vacation in New York we had to check the Vincent sites everyday!! Here we are in one of the greaest cities in the world and we're hanging out in a internet cafe......

    Hope you're computer feels better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoJo, even nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah and I remember daddy hunting for meat in his loincloth and mother picking berries while I drew pictures on the cave wall :>)

    ReplyDelete