Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

August 7, 2006

Silly doggie

So the other night, Brian decides to grill up some bratwurst for himself for dinner. He tells me that the coals are red hot, so if there's any meat I want to cook, to go for it. I dug out some boneless pork chops and 4 chicken breasts. They grilled up really nice. Since I am not a griller, I let Brian take over after he was done eating. He put all the meat into 2 glass dishes and finished them off in the oven. Boy the upstairs sure smelled good! I was so excited at the thought of having all this food pre-cooked, since I usually end up scrounging a bowl of cereal for dinner every night. Later on, I went upstairs and Brian had taken the glass dishes out of the oven and left them on the counter to cool, covered w/ tin foil. I went back down and said to him, "helped yourself to the chicken I see?" and he says, "I didn't eat any chicken!" I said, "well there are 2 pieces missing and the foil was lifted off the dish!" Then we looked at Sagan....who was innocently licking his chops and looking at us as if to say, "Who, me?"

4 comments:

  1. Ah yes sounds familiar. I have a cat who is very fond of tomatoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. naughty Sagan... but you can't help but love him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But look at those eyes...

    My neighbours used to have a gorgeous boxer who pinched their t-bone steaks while they were defrosting, and they had to have her mince.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:17 PM

    Did mom ever tell you the story of Ruff and the Meatball Sub? It's quite entertainung- she tells it best, so if you haven't heard it, I'll let her tell it.

    In other news, my head hurts from college apps. I just got off the phone with an admin officer from, where else, your alma mater! He was very nice, and very helpful. I'll add that to my pro/con list.

    ReplyDelete