Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

October 14, 2018

Amrita Island, Old Silver Beach & Scraggy Neck

Trying to take advantage of the nice fall days as much as possible!  We went out for a few hours one morning, first to Amrita Island.  I just love that old stone bridge.  The island has a fascinating history which can be found HERE.  








Imagine getting to live here!!!! WOW!  I think it's used for programs in the summer.



My goal on this trip was to walk down to the 'Love is Eternal' tomb which involves using a path that skirts the big mansion.  It's a public right of way.

One of my friends was married here in 1990 as his family owned one of the large homes on the island.  The Baxendales, who were the original owners of the island and mansion, are interred here.



Couldn't resist.

View from the top.

Next stop was Old Silver Beach in Falmouth.  It was low tide but the beach glass selection was really poor, although I did find a Niagara Falls keychain which was cool.






Our third and last stop was Scraggy Neck where I had better luck with glass.  Russell found 3 really great pieces!

It was perfect, weather-wise.





4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you two go out and make the most of your days. Making memories is so important and the fact that you document yours so beautifully.. I can't believe you don't work for the tourism dept.! :D - Also, that bridge... Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the Chambers of Commerce only takes volunteers. None of the towns have money anymore. lol Thanks! I love to see stuff that's right here. It seems that people never take advantage of things to see where they live. I made that mistake in Washington State.

      Delete
  2. perfect day. The Love is Eternal pic with you two - awesome
    and the name Scraggy Neck - such character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We have a lot of 'necks' here. Town Neck, Sandy Neck, Scraggy Neck....must be a Cape Cod thing.

      Delete