Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

September 15, 2016

Plymouth, Part 1

First time I've taken my camera up there in ages.  It was really too hot and humid to walk around much but it's been so long since I did anything fun, even though I go up there a lot and pretty much shoot the same things.  It's a really pretty place though.


First stop was at the 9/11 memorial.


Then a stop downtown to take pics of some of the painted lobsters done by local artists and placed around town this past summer.  Sadly, three of them have been stolen.

There are also painted Adirondack chairs for people to sit and enjoy the views.




I was hungry and decided to get a cupcake.  



Chocolate chip cupcake which was sooooo delicious.  However, about 20 minutes later I was immediately regretting dumping that much sugar on an empty stomach, esp. with no water and it being so hot.




And this pretty table was in the park too.



HOW CUTE!



16 comments:

  1. I really want to know what is inside that Maui Wowi Hawaiian place. It calls me! Love visiting places with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think they sell food. I didn't stop to look at the menu. Maybe they're online!

      Delete
  2. I love the lobsters, and cannot believe people have stolen some!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly that's the world in which we live. :( They are small enough to toss into a car back seat or truck. I don't know how people live with themselves.

      Delete
  3. Lovely pictures JoJo. What a pity people have stolen some of the lobsters. Same thing has happened in Georgia - one of the things they tried to steal was Forrest Gump's park bench.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! Seriously....do people have no moral compass or conscience anymore. It's sad.

      Delete
  4. I can't for the life of me, figure out why someone would steal a giant lobster. They can't possibly hope to display such well known sculptures without someone finding out. It would be nice to sit on water's edge and watch the boats. Ahh! What a nice flower bed. Thanks for taking me on this pictorial trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I agree. But we do get a lot of tourists in the summer. Millions. From all over the USA and the Canadian Maritimes. They could have taken it or them and left for home before anyone found out.

      Delete
  5. so odd to steal something so large and known? some people do the stupidest things. That cupcake looks so incredibly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cupcake WAS delicious! But dumping all that sugar on an empty stomach in the heat was a really bad idea! lol

      Delete
  6. Oh wow!!! Those lobsters are awesome!!! It's a pity some people spoil things for everyone by stealing things. Wonderful photography as always and the chair is pretty fab as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita!! Aren't they awesome? Like I said, I'm hoping to track down more of them next time I'm up there. I didn't have the energy to check in Brewster Gardens or walk to the Grist Mill.

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful place and I love that it's so artsy fartsy. :) Thanks for taking these photos - fantastic photos as always. - You're an excellent visual tour guide. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Part 2 is tomorrow.

      Delete
  8. Glad you went on a jaunt. Love the painted lobsters, etc. very fun. Never regret a cupcake. Yum! Looked like an excellent day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was. Just too hot. I can't wait till we get longer stretches of fall weather. Right now we're on a 2 cool/5 humid day thing.

      Delete