Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

September 18, 2016

More Lobsters and Scenery...and Funny T-Shirts

There are no shortage of souvenir shops in town, that's for sure.  A lot of the tshirts are really funny.  I loved this one.  The flies are such a nice touch.


Yes.  The answer is Yes.



 I need this one, especially as it relates to this past summer's weather.

Best. Celtics shirt.  EVER.  I would even wear this one and I don't like basketball, but I couldn't help but get sucked into Celtics fever when they were winning year after year.

The Mayflower II in her home port.  I think she'll be towed through the Canal again later this fall for more repairs at Mystic Seaport in Connecticut.  Plymouth is gearing up for the big 400th year celebration in 2020.


This was my favourite lobster of all.  It was the Plymouth & Brockton Bus entry and it's brilliant.



Even a miniature Plymouth Rock memorial!


He looks kinda sad though.  I guess if I had to deal with Boston traffic multiple times a day, I'd be pretty sad too.

Usually I make the climb but not today.  The drought has fried all the grass too.

More pretty chairs.

This was my fave.





I was gonna walk over to Brewster Gardens but I was sweating to death and afraid that the time was nearly up at my parking meter so I walked back.

No shortage of souvenir shops.  I actually hadn't gotten a fridge magnet in all the times I've been there so I rectified that situation.  Although I'm sure Russell would say, 'How can you tell if there is one or not when there are a hundred magnets on the fridge?'  


I have about three months' worth of photography junkets to catch up on so hopefully I can cover some ground this fall.

10 comments:

  1. I can see why you got hot and tired. That's a whole bunch of things to look at and photograph. I wouldn't mind one or two of those pretty chairs in the shade of the pecans. Love the Mayflower replica, but wouldn't care for the the trip across the ocean to Plymouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That had to be a really rough trip. They never should've left in early Sept. to cross. Did you know they first landed in Provincetown to brew some beer, then sailed over to Plymouth?

      Delete
  2. I love all of that art and of course, always ships on the water.. My mom's family came over on the Mayflower. My dad's family was swimming behind it. :) - That's our little family joke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So are you going to add painting a chair or a lobster to your crafting schedule?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could get in on the lobsters, that would've been fun, but I think they only ask known artists.

      Delete
  4. I love those t shirts.. they are just one of a kind.. :)... beautiful place.. and of course nice photography.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My friends weighed in on Facebook with the tshirts that they wanted them that I joked, 'should I take orders and go back up there before the stores close for winter?' lol

      Delete
  5. You have such lovely places near you. It seems a fun place to live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is when the weather cooperates and the tourists go home! lol

      Delete