There is definitely a learning curve to this resin stuff. For one, I've now learned that I should've sealed the paper in clear packing tape so that it wouldn't get wet and turn dark. The only one that still looks the same as before the stuff was poured on top is the pink/orange/red/yellow piece.
For these cabochons, I used metal flowers, glitter and beads. These came out the best.
That's a big marble on the left. The center one is a blue bead but it was jammed so far into the mold that the resin didn't get under it so the top is flat. The same thing happened with the glitter one on the right.
These are old watch faces and backs for the most part. Picture isn't that great. The top one has a cubic zirconia in the center of a decorative watch face. Then a turtle with blue beads. 2 watch backs with paper, the one in the center right is a cupcake. The last row is a frame charm & watch face with paper inside.
These were my failures. I started this project slowly and carefully, mixing the right proportions of resin and hardener, stirring then letting it rest before pouring. However by the end of this project, I was sticky, the pouring cup was sticky, the bottles were sticky and I just wanted it done. Unfortunately this meant very sloppy mixing and pouring. As a result, these 4 pieces never cured. 3 marbles and a square pendant, hopelessly pliable and sticky. I had to throw them out. There was no way to salvage them.
I'll work with it again at some point but right now I'm in no big hurry to make another mess and have it taking up all the counter space in the kitchen while it cured. In the meantime I should probably read and/or watch some tutorials.