Continuing on with my attempts to knock out a bunch of project ideas, I present 'dragon eggs'. Made with Sculpey clay on a fake egg, with metal chain, findings and rhinestones embedded in the clay. It had to be set in the oven for 15 minutes and I was worried that the fake egg inside or the rhinestones would melt but they didn't! Then I coated each one with glitter paint.
Next up I wanted to try the Galaxy Eggs Tutorial, found HERE. I love the final results, although it's a project that requires fairly long drying times for each layer. I bought black chalkboard eggs so that I could eliminate the step where you have to paint a white one black.
This egg has been languishing on my craft table nearly 2 years. I had the ribbon in it and I was going to drill holes in a design. So there were pencil dots all over it. Then I decided I didn't want to and tried to erase the pencil but it wouldn't come off. All those paint dots are covering the pencil marks.
Last summer my friend Sandy and her family visited the Cape. They are living in Moscow for a few years for her husband's job, and she brought me a paint-your-own Russian nesting dolls kit. Of course me being me, I spent a ton of time researching them and all the different painted designs. I was also afraid that I wouldn't be able to keep the wood burned lines from getting covered with paint. But using a tiny brush and tiny bits of paint, I managed to preserve the outlines.
I saw this design on a Paint Night website and decided to try it on my own, but on a mini canvas. I'm so happy with it!
Here's another Pinterest project that's been sitting on my 'Crafts to Make: Painting' pinboard for 4 years. Use masking tape on a canvas, paint the sections and remove the tape. There was some bleeding under the tape edges, esp. on the green.
Last but not least, since the clay was still out, I made some snails with marbles for shells. They came out cuter than I was expecting.
It's been a very prolific last month or so for me, artistically.