Well I was going at a healthy clip, making projects that I'd seen on Pinterest and wanted to tackle, but then everything in my life went sideways through no fault of my own, and I ended the month of November really sick which was not surprising considering the way I was run ragged and right into the ground.
But I did manage to get this one completed and I'm really pleased with it. I got the shadow box at AC Moore. It had some text on the back that I don't even remember and I covered it with silver glitter paper. Next, I had to drill the hole for the battery operated LED lights, then pulled them through but left them outside till I finished with the tree scenes. I used some styrafoam chunks to elevate the trees and then glued the other trees in place. That took a day or so to dry. After that I ran the lights around it. The project that I was using as a guide had the wires showing like this and actually I kind of like the effect. Once the lights were in place, I stuffed some cotton snow in the bottom, then used gold glitter paint around the edges (hard to see in this pic). The sad thing is, I have no room for it but I'm going to try and find a place.
And then I finished experimenting with a bunch of ornament ideas seen on Pinterest, just to check them off my craft bucket list. I ended up giving all of them to my stepdaughter. No idea what she's doing with them....but I don't have the room for them so better her than me! lol
Stuffed with colourful pom poms.
This one was a disaster. Supposed to be easy....pour in nail polish then swipe around the sides with a Qtip. Well I used more polish than I should have so it got everywhere. I had to let it drain in the trash for about 15 minutes before attempt the Qtip part. I had polish all over my fingers for days.
The project I saw for this just had pearl beads in it but that looked really bad so I used a long strand of pearls I found buried in my ribbons container.
Same thing with this strand of red.
This is kind of pretty....just some fibers and stuff.
This one is stuffed with iridescent fibers.
Another pain in the butt. I was going to just stuff the whole thing with that snow stuff but thanks to static electricity, it was hard to fill and hard to keep from sticking to my hands, shirt and basically everything in site. So I threw a bunch of little holiday bits and bobs into it and made a 'spot the item' ball instead.
This is an interesting effect. It's supposed to be like mercury glass. You spray some mirror paint inside and swirl it around, hit it with a hair dryer to partially dry it, then put a drop or two of water inside and shake the ball to spatter it on the sides.
Finally, glow in the dark paint. I never fully charged it to shoot a pic after it was glowing. I assume it worked.
Right now my craft table is a hot mess but I'm hoping to get a few more altered art projects done.