Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

July 24, 2014

Organized Chaos

So this happened one day when I was trying to clean up or at least reorganize my craft table.  I found a baggie of crystals I ordered to make a project I'm dying to do, but haven't because I have nowhere to put it when it's done. I dug out some driftwood to see how they'd look as a driftwood hanging instead.  I didn't end up assembling it with the driftwood.  

So pretty!

Then I unearthed a few small things I'd been meaning to do so I glued these glass tiles onto a votive candle holder.  I keep forgetting how time consuming these projects are due to drying time and making sure the tiles don't slide out of place or fall off.

I had a bunch of small red skull cabs so I put them on 4 sides of the glass and filled in with red and purple glass blobs.  

These lightbulbs also surfaced on the table so I broke out the glass paint.  The Pinterest project originally showed nail polish on the bulbs but I didn't like the way it looked. I had to pilfer the tops of Christmas ornaments to glue on top of the lightbulb, then added the beaded hanger.  


I made this a few days before the attempt to clean the table off.  10 points to Ravenclaw!  Just a hangie thing I stuck on the wall in the bedroom.  I found the fillable bottles at the craft store and got the copper coloured ones.  Filled it with blue beads and then added the copper wings (for the Ravenclaw eagle) and then the hanger in the House colours as well.  Yes I'm obsessed with Harry Potter.  OBSESSED.  I don't even want to admit how much time I spent on the Pottermore website this month and watching the movies on ABC Family, as well as rereading the last 2 books.

My honey and I were at this great old store called Benny's, which is a real throw back to another era. It's been around forever.  He bought me this black velvet colouring poster which I can't wait to do.

The table may look as bad as it did before it was reorganized, but I truly can tell the difference.  At least now it's organized chaos.  And now I'm ready to start my new poster!

22 comments:

  1. Everything you do is so creative. I love all the bright colors. They're so warm and inviting and feel so alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mildred! I'm a bit obsessed when it comes to make crafts....I'll try anything once!

      Delete
  2. I love the glass beads and the driftwood can't wait to see what else you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the project is to hang about 20 strands from a curtain rod, longest on the ends and tapering up to the smallest strand in the center. But I don't have a window I could put that in.

      Delete
  3. I love those deep purple drops in the first picture, they would make fabulous earrings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very pretty, but very heavy.

      Delete
  4. That poster design looks like Zentangles. I've only recently learned about them. (doodling by design). Those baubles are pretty. Your crafts always seem excellent to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Zentangles are really cool. Too bad I can't draw!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous2:05 PM

    As ever, you are a tireless worker bee :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have to do something to feel productive and keep me off the internet all the livelong day! lol

      Delete
  6. Crystals, rhinestones, beads, buttons, sequins, and anything remotely similar is always a hit with me. Love the hangy things. The light bulbs worked out great. How fun to get a velvet poster. I used to LOVE those. I'm sure you will have great fun coloring it, and thinking of your sweetie as you do it. I hope you snap a picture when it's all done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'll definitely take a pic when it's done. But I've run out of wall space to hang it up though. lol

      Delete
  7. Everything is so creative and gorgeous. My favorite are the votives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I gave the skull one to my stepdaughter and the tile one to a friend to cheer her up after a tough week.

      Delete
  8. Love the bulbs... great idea to add the ornament holders to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately now I have 2 vintage ball ornaments lacking their holders. lol

      Delete
  9. Hey JoJo,

    I love your creativity and the accompanying photos. It all becomes crystal clear. Your ideas are lightbulb moments and I marvel at your ingenuity.

    A lovely weekend to you, JoJo.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gary! A lovely weekend to you as well!

      Delete
  10. I love the light bulbs! Those are way cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! :D I might hang them from a tree and see how they do in the weather, if the paint washes off or fades. I did set the paint in the oven so hopefully it won't fade.

      Delete
  11. I always wondered how you puncture a hole through a crystal... I'm obsessed with jewelry making, but I don't know where to start.

    Sonnia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well these all came predrilled, but I have drilled holes in glass and you need a diamond tipped drill bit. I can help you get started if you want.

      Delete