Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

December 29, 2013

Sandwich at Christmas, Part 3

At the corner of Jarves x Rte. 6A.  I'd walked down one side of Main and Jarves Streets and was now headed back down the other side.

I love how all the street poles are decorated.



Never noticed this view before!




I need to see if that purple ball is for sale!




Looking down Main Street one way...

....And the other.







Are you dying from the quaintness yet?  Just one more installment.  I told you I went crazy with the pictures!

4 comments:

  1. I often wonder how these weatherboard houses kept warm in the days before decent insulation. Not to mention, how often to bits have to be replaced 'cos they're rotting? I'm so used to brick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well most of these real old homes have multiple fireplaces in them. My dad had their house reshingled maybe 3x since they bought it in 1952, and the house was built in the 1880s. The clapboards and shingles do last quite awhile.

      Delete
  2. Hi JoJo,

    You most certainly do capture the quaint, magical ambience of Sandwich. Fabulous photos in your instalments. I've been to Sandwich, as in Sandwich, Kent, England :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:17 PM

    What a beautiful, beautiful town.. And now I want to live there!
    Happy New Year JoJo!

    ReplyDelete