Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

December 28, 2013

Sandwich at Christmas, Part 2

Sandwich is the quintessential New England town, one of the first settled in this country, so it's holiday quaintness is second to none.  I went completely overboard with pictures on this walk.  This particular part of town has embraced a very romanticized Victorian look at Christmas, which I just love.  I've featured pics taken after dark of all the lights, but it's just as scenic during the day too.  I parked at the Glass Museum and first took some shots in that area, before walking down Main Street.

I would give anything to own this place.

I have no idea who owns it.






I lived in an apartment in that building from the fall of 1988 till I moved to San Francisco in 1989.





Could this be any cooler?!?!


I've now rounded the corner from Main Street onto Jarves Street.



The former Catholic church, now a B&B.




You have no idea how bad I want to take Russell's pic next to this sign, perhaps flexing his arm too....I keep threatening to stop when he's with me but I haven't.  Yet.


4 comments:

  1. I like the Victorian trimmings, and beautiful houses of Sandwich. Thanks for sharing, JoJo. Hope you're enjoying the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:44 AM

    Lovely :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandwich is a great name for a town. I especially like these soldiers in the last photo. It's all very quaint and Chrismassy looking.

    Cheers, JoJo.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and festive place to live!~ ♥ Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete