Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

October 11, 2013

Barnstable Harbor

In early October, I agreed to work at the high school on a Mon and Tues, and I only agreed because the long range forecast showed clouds.  Of course the weather ended up gorgeous and I lost 2 days of shooting. Luckily, I got a chance to go to Barnstable Harbour for a few quick pics.  Here's a screen shot of the map.  I was located where the red arrows is pointing and shooting across the water at Sandy Neck Beach.

First I stopped at Millway Beach.  Most of the glass I saw was fresh but I did get one piece of worn white!







This is the pic I was so totally hoping to get.  It has a Winslow Homer quality about it and I'm really happy with how it came out.  There is a small cottage colony out on the tip of Sandy Neck.  Back in the 80s a friend took me out there (only accessible with a 4 wheel drive) cause I have a closer pic of the lighthouse from then, but I hear that you can't go out that far anymore.  I have no idea if people live there in summer or year round or not at all.  HERE'S a fascinating history of the Sandy Neck Lighthouse.  



Entrance to Cape Cod Bay



Barnstable Harbour

Across from the harbour


This sign is epic.

Also awesome.


8 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:31 AM

    I love that lighthouse picture! I've always found them to be so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say I am jealous of all the beautiful scenery at your disposal. Your pictures are amazing and I can't fathom how marvelous it would be to live that close to so many beaches where you can visit so often. I am just happy that we are friends and I found you in cyberspace so that I can share in your adventures and visit these beautiful places through your pictures. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fav is the weathervane... luvs it.

    Wonderful photography JoJo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I read that wooden sign wrong the first time. The fishy sign is chuckleworthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photos. Love them. The weather vane of a fish with his catch is my kind of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic photo thanks for posting them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the photos, Jojo. I wish to appear there right now!:)
    Sorry, I just did something with my blog's settings, but it is available again for reading. :) Have a nice weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That weather vane looks like it's made of chocolate.

    ReplyDelete