Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

June 4, 2013

The Giving Tree Nature Trail, E. Sandwich, MA

There is a very cool gift shop and nature trail in E. Sandwich, called The Giving Tree.  I had never stopped there before, but last fall one of my friends posted some photos she took on their nature trail that goes out to the salt marshes.  I didn't even know there were trails there!  One day on my way home from mom's, I decided to swing in and check it out.  So glad I did!


Land shark!

The sign says, 'Come Sit Under the Giving Tree and Read a Book'.

There are quotes all over the gardens and paths, as well as sculptures and other outdoor art.  It's extremely peaceful.


This was one of the gates features at Heritage Gardens last spring, when Sue, Hannah & I went to see the Rockwell exhibit.  I was happy to see that this one found a good home.

Where does this lead, I wonder?

Sweet!  A little suspension bridge!!!  It's not Capilano-scary,  but it's narrow and shaky and only one person can cross at a time. It's about 4' off the ground at it's highest points.  I, of course, had to do it!

Marshes.


The trail continued off to the right of the end of the suspension bridge.

Looking back through the trees at that little observation shelter, seen above.


Some of the trails are covered with pretty glass pieces!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my sneakers real wet and muddy when I went to get this shot, but I had to do it.  Oh how I suffer for my art!  lol  When I got home my socks were soaked and all brown.




Someone had put these glass pieces on a little stone pedestal.

So I made a heart with glass bits too.

Ain't gonna lie....some pieces made it into my pocket.

 At the end of the trail, these stairs go back up to the parking lot.

I don't know what this doggie's name is but she (or he) is the Official Greeter Pup of the shop.  When I parked, she got up with a big smile on her face and waddled over for a pet with her tail wagging.

See all the things I'm rediscovering since moving back?  I drove by that shop almost every day since I was a child and never once set foot inside it till this year! 

13 comments:

  1. I love every bit it. It's all so clever. Oh and I like the glass heart too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JoJo,

    Your photos are wonderful. The accompanying words, most thoughtful.

    "The Giving Tree", has inspired your posting. And to return, isn't it amazing how we can see, observe in such a different perspective. What a friendly looking dog. What a pleasant posting.

    In kindness, your friend,

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:30 PM

    What a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful picture journey on this trail!!! I will have to check it out. Beautiful glass too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little paradise the Giving Tree is. So many paths to explore, nooks and crannies waiting to be discovered. Thank you for taking us on this lovely journey via your wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like the perfect place to go to find some peace and quiet and to reflect. I'd love to have this by my house! What a great place to go for some inspiration for writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome place! Oh and of course I love the official greeter... too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone. I'm glad I stopped by to see it! The Gallery itself has some nice pieces in it but a little out of my price range.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry, even your lovely pictures can't cheer me up. Bloody bank STOLE nearly £1000 from me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, what a lovely, peaceful walk! (Though you ain't gettin' me on a suspension bridge, no way, no how!) :-)
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely place. I laughed when you said you had taken some glass becuase I was just thinking there was no way you would have left without any.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful place to spend time in. Looks like the weather was perfect, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cool place! I would love to go there too. I'm a lover of suspension bridges too. I wonder what it is about them that make us love them?

    ReplyDelete