Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

June 21, 2012

Painted Sunday

Sunday is the loneliest day of the week for me, so I try to keep myself occupied with lots of things to do since I don't wanna venture out into traffic, as that's a change-over day for the Cape area.  I had such a day a couple weeks ago, when I decorated the flip flops, tie dyed the canvas shoes and got some painting projects done.  The paint had been sitting out for awhile, so it was time to tackle the project ideas I'd had in mind.

So I spread out all the paint supplies on the stove.   As you can see, this was taken prior to doing the tie dyed sneakers.  The white styrofoam cone was painted blue and then coated with glitter paint, for another project to be posted later.  I spent the better part of 2 or 3 hours alternating between projects; as one dried, I moved onto the next one.


I found more rocks in the box with the paint supplies so I decided to do them too.

I'm obviously keeping the one in the bottom right corner!

Then it was time to attempt a few more shaving cream cards.

Another swirly paint shot.



I think part of my problem is the paper I'm using for the cards.  It's just not heavy enough.  I am planning on cropping out the best parts of these for use.

8 comments:

  1. So what kind of card stock did you use this time? Your typical scrapbooking paper? With all you practice, I should be able to do it perfect the first time. Thanks Jo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cool. My mother in law is a nursery nurse and the kids are allowed to play with shaving foam, I get jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used regular scrapbook paper which just isn't sturdy enough. But I was also too lazy to dig thru all my boxes to find the heavier paper. lol My bad.

    Dina, I say go for it! Although I admit, I nearly mistook the shaving cream for icing after awhile and came really close to licking my fingers when it got on my hands. That would've been a major fail. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. My especial favourite is the seascape stone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen shaving cream used like that! Fabulous cards, and what a great artistic way to spend the afternoon.

    Our neighbourhood gets clogged up with tourists on the weekend, too. Might as well forget about going to the store for a bag of milk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative!! It is always so refreshing to visit you and discover what you have made!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice, love all of it! One of these days, I really am going to try the shaving cream thing. Okay, this might sound weird...but I love the pic of the swirly paint on the brush...it just looks cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so cool...I'm like you in that I love tie-dye ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete