In my neverending quest for new craft ideas, I did another project that I saw on Pinterest, seen here!
I had a spare bit of canvas leftover from crayon melting and I started working up the idea. At first, I thought of covering the canvas with colourful fabric. But the more I chewed on that idea, the less I liked it and opted to break out the watercolour paints and do sunset (or sunrise) colours.
Meanwhile I'd searched on my computer for a font I liked, printed out the word "LOVE" and enlarged the letters so that I could trace them onto the painted canvas. After I had the letters enlarged, I also worked up a quick prototype just to see what the buttons would look like.
After cutting out each letter I placed them on the canvas for light tracing.
After it was traced, I did the button design again. I didn't let myself get married to the idea of the buttons that I laid down at all, because once I started gluing them, I made a whole bunch of changes.
Due to a measuring fail on my part, I had to add the buttons on the left border. I have not decided if I am going to add anything to this or not, i.e. fill-in beads, due to the fact that some of the outlines still show. I would really love some opinions from you all as to whether I should leave this as-is, or add stuff to make the letters more uniform in their appearance.