Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

June 19, 2011

Last of the St. Helens Photos

Headed back down the road

Stopped briefly at the Hoffstadt Visitor Center, at a lower elevation than Forest Learning Center.





If I had the money I would have taken a ride.  My desire for aerial photos on a rare sunny day trumps my fear of helicopters.

I've always liked this sign in Thurston County, and I will probably not see it again for a long, long time.

Mt. Rainier from I-5 in north Olympia.

Won't hear much about JBLM in Lakewood anymore so I shot a pic of the sign.  I don't care for the new name, I still prefer Fort Lewis and McChord Air Force Base.

4 comments:

  1. I don't care how good the pictures, you'd never get me up in a helicopter (unless it was a medical one and I was unconscious!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, if Vincent choppered in, held out his hand to you and said, "Val, would you like to go for a ride? I'll keep you safe." you'd be in that helicopter in a New York minute! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd go for any ride with ig V. With or without a chopper, we'd be FLYING, yo!

    Gorgeous pics, Jojo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I'm homesick just lookin at em. ;) I think its weird how we can get homesick just from living somewhere a long time and making it our home... if I left SC, even though I am not FROM here, I would miss it like the dickens!

    Very upset that Law & Order CI is over this weekend!!! At least we get the reruns, huh? :(

    ReplyDelete