Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

April 25, 2011

Deconstructing the Den

The den has always been my fave room in the house b/c of it's warmth and eclectica.  

More books.  My dad built that book shelf and that's coming with me too.  Can't see the bottom shelf but that is full of record albums.  They also weigh a ton and require many, many boxes.

The chair is coming with me too, if it fits.  My parents bought 2 gold wing chairs a few years after I was born, and this is the only one that has survived.  It's comfy and I hate to part with it.  

Man that's a lot of junk stuff.  More books.  There are going to be boxes and boxes AND BOXES of books.


Isn't this Ponderosa map a kick?  I got it in 1988 when my dad and I were at Lake Tahoe and we went up to Incline Village, NV to see the Cartwright Ranch.  It was a blast.  It closed a few years ago.  I treasure this poster.

Brian's brewing awards.

More knick knacks and books.








Everything's off the walls except the decorative switchplates.




One week later, the closet is cleaned out except for those tape cases on the floor which are full of live Dead shows. I have to go through them and pick the shows that Brian will want.  I have all the books packed from the bookshelf my dad made, but the albums are only done A - C.  I hate packing albums.  I can't overload the boxes or else they will come apart.  So I saved that PITA task for last.  

Boxes of my books and Christmas decorations.

I still have to pack the books & stuff on the 2 small bookshelves (the books on the large bookcase are Brian's).  
I figure another couple of hours and this room will be done too.  Then I can move on to the upstairs.  I admit I'm getting concerned whether or not the POD unit will be big enough for all my stuff!  lol  

Onwards and upwards!!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:26 AM

    Congratulations, I think you have more stuff than I do! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty crazy Diane....I haven't even touched my craft closet/corner OR my bedroom OR the upstairs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wouldn't know where to start. I do admire your tenacity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I know I'm stuck here for a good long while bcz I HATE MOVING!
    My hat's off to ya girlfriend...

    ReplyDelete