Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

October 7, 2018

Late Summer/Early Fall Miscellany

This juvenile bird was clinging to a bottom branch like grim death one evening.  I got so close to take pics.  I felt bad for him cause he was there for hours and hours.  I put a plate of seeds on the ground and some water.  He was still there the next morning although something ate the seeds. We noticed later in the day he was finally gone.  I have no idea where the parents were and I really hope that they were the ones that finally came back.



This tree fungus looks like a flamenco dancer.

Hoping to beat the heat and humidity one afternoon, we headed to Town Neck Beach around 4:30 pm.  It was miserable. Even the wind was hot.  



We had a bumper crop of blackberries which I picked and cleaned.  And they were AWFUL.  Threw them all out.


No idea what these are but they're pretty.


Poke berries.

Nice walk at the Canal one day.





Liz was in town very briefly so I met her and Marsha at Shipwreck Ice Cream which is near the Sandwich Marina.  


I love this feeder.



There's a BBQ food truck there as well.

Confirmed Elvis sighting!


They have a couple of bunnehs.

And a bunch of painted turtles.


Gorgeous fall sunset after a very stormy day



4 comments:

  1. good mix of pics and lovely sunsets. I'll have a scoop of Heath Bar please - that's always a fave. It's time to cool down for October. I need some crisp in the air...even in TX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's really hard to pick a flavour cause it's all so good but I always end up with Oreo! We're getting cool'ish weather off and on.

      Delete
  2. All the pictures are beautiful.Hope the little bird is still alive..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krishna!! I hope the little bird was OK too.

      Delete