Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

September 27, 2018

Late Summer Crafties

After we had to put Sagan down, I wanted a very quick project to pass the time that first week.  This has a few glass beads on it too.



3 wooden HP models/kits

I did a couple custom necklaces for Sheila.


Metal Earth Dalek model.


Finished up the beadpoint and backing.

Hey it fits!  Yay me!

Picked up some funky pops in OH and this was one of my faves.  So good! Wish I'd gotten more.

One of my fave movies is 'Paper Moon', and my fave scene in it features the line,  'Now drink your Nehi and eat your Coney Island', which is said a few times.  I'm not a hot dog eater, but I had the Nehi from OH, so I couldn't resist. I know that this isn't a true 'Coney Island' hot dog but neither was the one in the movie.  It was just a generic term for hotdogs. 

This the hallway at the hotel we stayed at, Red Roof Inn in Middletown.

I asked my FB friends if anyone could photoshop the Shining Twins.  They did not disappoint.

"Hello Joanne.  Come and play.  Come and play with us Joanne.  Forever.  And ever.  And ever."


9 comments:

  1. your Shining twins pic made me snort out my Nehi....fun.
    Now - time for some towel art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I'm a folding failure. I can't do origami either. :(

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh!!!! Those freakin' twins!!! What a great movie that was. I love movies that can get inside my head and make me scare myself.

    My youngest loves dreamcatchers. Yours is beautiful.

    The beadwork is simply amazing. I can't believe how much detail you're able to do with it. You must have the patience of a saint. I'm sure I'd be sticking my fingers, dropping the beads, and cursing under my breath. :)

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elsie! Oh I'm not saying that beads don't drop and curses aren't said...esp. when the needle comes unthreaded. That drives me batcrap crazy. hahaha

      Delete
  3. What a lovely dream catcher..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a nice, easy project. My friend Lisa wanted to buy it but I traded it to her for looking after the house while we were gone.

      Delete
  4. Exactly what are the shining twins?? Where did you get the Dalek model?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you never saw 'The Shining' movie with Jack Nicholson? The ghost twin girls is one of the scariest scenes. I don't like horror movies and this is the only one I've seen. It doesn't scare me cause Jack Nicholson is so over the top that it makes me laugh. I got the Dalek model at Jungle Jim's in OH. But they are in all the craft supply stores like Michaels and AC Moore too.

      Delete
  5. Thank you Mina! I'm now following you too!

    ReplyDelete