Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

May 8, 2018

Printer Tray Project

I could not wait to get started on my tray.  I did a mock up real quick of ideas.  Some made the final cut, others didn't, like that red car.  The variety of sizes were perfect for my needs.


I started going through all my altered art supplies, and even small trinkets that were on my bookshelves as knick knacks.  I tried to stick with mostly vintage.  This is the first incarnation of the left side.


I looked up that Wonder Bread premium and it dates from the mid 1950s.  The old sewing things also date from that time period as well.

Whenever I needed a taller compartment, I broke the horizontal wood piece which came out easily.  I was literally waking up in the middle of the night with more ideas of things to fill in the spaces. 

This is the final project below with close ups of the sections.  This was a fun project and I'm sorry that it's already over.  But I love how it came out.  That alien near the bottom glows in the dark.  I had quite a start when I shut off the lights in the craft room and it was lit up. 







Kinda makes me want to get another one.......

14 comments:

  1. nifty arrangement and cool stuff. I'd love to see the alien glow. That's funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I did a double take when I shut the lights off that night! haha

      Delete
  2. This is so, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:25 PM

    This is so adorable! It reminds me of my dollhouse when I was little. I loved playing with those tiny little things and moving them from one room to another. It was being in a whole new world. So cool. Also, I love that the little alien guy glows in the dark!

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elsie. Miniatures are really fun aren't they? I love making fairy gardens but I have nowhere to put them.

      Delete
  4. You should put some plexiglass or regular glass over it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing!! great post.
    Happy week end.
    My Blog | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shweta! Hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  6. Are the things fixed in place or just "there"? Certainly very impressive. I would like to see the alien glow as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I glued everything in place. I didn't want the stuff falling out. I'm not sure where I'm going to hang it....it's extremely heavy. I'd need to locate a wall stud and put the nail in that part.

      Delete
  7. I have a printers tray too. I will post it one day. They are so much fun to fill. Hugs. lj

    ReplyDelete