Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

February 17, 2018

Puppers & Projects

I was not cut out for adulting.  It's really not working out for me at all. I'm just hoping that there's a light at the end of the tunnel, and that it's not a train.  Valentines Day was quiet.  It's been a fairly snow-free winter.  If we can get through this month, we'll be home free.  Yes we can get a blizzard in March but it won't last long.

We're still dog sitting from time to time which is awesome. Shadow is such a sweetheart.


But she doesn't like it when Sagan sniffs her and gets 'all up in her business' and she will bark and snap at him.

But we did have some really bad news about Sagan.  He was sick so we took him to the vet and tests showed a mass behind his stomach.  That was a very, very bad day.  They gave us some medicine for him and he's doing really well.  He'll be 13 next month and I will not put him through further tests and/or a biopsy, because surgery to remove it isn't an option.  Not at his age.  Just loving on him and making him comfortable.  You'd never know he had this tumour now that he's better.

We got her a bed.  Isn't she adorable?  She was watching Russell eat his salad and giving him the sad eyes.  

"But you has foods and I has NO foods."

I've saved some free cross stitch patterns so decided to tackle a couple.  I love how the Hogwarts crest came out. 

There's something about this design that really speaks to me.  This was a quick 3-day project.

Finally got around to mounting the wood burned Harry Potter signs to a piece of driftwood.  That'll go in the yard this spring, since we found out we can stay here again this coming year.  

This freakin metal Hogwarts train is gonna be the death of me.  I have about 12 pieces left to go.  The directions were pretty good at first but they seemed to slack off towards the end here.

 Another wind chime I did in a spiral circle. 

I had a dream that I went shopping at Five Below, so I decided to shopping at Five Below.  I love that store.  Way better than Dollar General.  I could buy the entire store but I didn't.  I was so excited to find this sparkly mermaid pillow that was multicoloured.  It's the prettiest one I've ever seen.  I tried to draw a heart on it to show the back side of the sequins.

It's not the best quality and it was $5, but I just can't resist a fringed purse.

My new fave animal is the possum.  I've been following some pages on Facebook and they are just the cutest things.  So I couldn't resist these plushies, which I named Sesame and Lucky, after my two faves. 

Because I'm a sucker for punishment, I got more metal kits.  These appear to be easier than the train. I probably should've started with the TARDIS before jumping in with both feet.

It should be noted that I have a fairly bad pain in my right thumb from stitching.  I hate to take a break from it but I may be forced to.  I hope things over the next week or so go ok cause I really and truly need a break.  I am mentally exhausted and emotionally drained.  

26 comments:

  1. You are busy busy and should rest your thumb. Hang tough with that metal project....so close. More power to you. Love the spiral wind chime - very pretty blue. Hope your dog feels better. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne!! I am hoping to finish the train today. Or tomorrow. lol

      Delete
  2. I so love that you write your blog! Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoJo, sorry to hear about Sagan. And your thumb! I have never tried those metal sculptures, but we are big Doctor Who fans in this house so I must try finding that TARDIS. We've been lucky with snow, although, this morning, we are rocking a solid 7 inches. But I think the 45 degree sunny weather today should knock a lot of that away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them from Amazon! They have all kinds of metal projects, including a gold Dalek. You guys got more snow than we did last night. It was heavy when we went to bed and virtually gone by sunrise.

      Delete
  4. They are so adorable!!..

    And the wind chime you made is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krishna! I just adore dogs so much. Can't help but love little Shadow. She's such a persnickety pup! Reminds me of Pepper's personality. I hope the chimes sound good when I finally get them outside. Or maybe I'll give them away.

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear about Sagan but 13 is a pretty good age. I hope he will have a few more though. I have developed arthritis in my thumb and it huuurts! So I can sympathise with you. Sorry you are feeling so emotionally drained. Bit the same here with Matt's injury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he's at the top age of German shepherds so I'm not going to do anything invasive to him. I think what I have is 'trigger thumb' as it's popping and painful. I don't know how I'm supposed to rest it as I'm right handed.

      Delete
  6. They are pretty !! and i like that stitch pattern.
    My Blog
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shweta! I do enjoy it!

      Delete
  7. Those plushies make me consider what my favorite animal is. I never even thought to put the possum on my list. They're darn cute.
    I hope your thumb heals quickly.
    Take care, JoJo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn! I would love to entice possums to our yard but there are way too many coyotes, unfortunately.

      Delete
  8. Anonymous8:49 AM

    Oh my gosh, I'm so so sorry to hear about Sagan. I hope and pray that he continues to get plenty of time to be loved and to give love. We have three of our own and one of them is creeping up there in age too, which is we we brought in the third who is only a year old. Much love to you!!


    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elsie! That's the thing that sucks about having pets. They don't live near long enough. Little Shadow is 15 so in all likelihood, we're going to see them both go within the year. Ugh. But I'm just loving on Sagan with lots of pets, snuggles and kisses, and also with Shadow when she is visiting.

      Delete
  9. Wow, you've been busy! Not a possum lover, as they were roadkill where I grew up. . .Very sad about your dog Sagan and the one you call Shadow. It is sad that our pets can't live longer. I miss a few of mine who have gone where all good dogs and cats go (probably a separate place though).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're just spoiling and loving them both. We always jump at the chance to dogsit her, although Sagan doesn't much like it. I give him extra pets and snuggles when she's here! Possums were always roadkill here too but after watching Red Green and seeing pics of them here on FB I just fell in love w/ their silly cute faces.

      Delete
  10. It's hard what you're going through with Sagan, but you're right in just giving as much love as you can. That's all you can do at this stage.
    Loved your sequence pillow because I'm writing a story about a mermaid, so that really spoke to me. I also have a character with rainbow hair in another story. :-) And of course your wind chime is beautiful, as your crafts always are. Had to laugh at you with starting out on the train though. That is so me. Start with the hardest thing and try to figure it out, get frustrated, and then think about how I should've started with step one, the easier project and worked my way up. We all live and learn, don't we? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought I was the only one who attacks a new craft with a difficult project. My very first cross stitch was a peacock sitting in a tree. It had french knots and tons of backstitching and it took me months.

      Delete
  11. It's not nice when our pets are unwell but I hope the medicine is making the world of difference. Love all your Hogwarts signs....how cool! Great bag find and those plushies...oh yeh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he hadn't had those diagnostic tests, I'd never know he had a mass/tumour in him. He's back to normal! Thank you!

      Delete
  12. I don't know how you find the time to do all the projects that you do. Maybe a break would be good for you, but I think you'd have a hard time not doing stuff.

    Recently a Five Below store opened in the shopping center across the street where I live. I can walk to it! I've only been there once when my wife and I decided to check it out to see what they had. It seemed pretty good, but I've not been in a mood to buy things lately. I buy food out of necessity, but even that has become a chore.

    Hope you become rested up and back on top of your game.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arlee! I'm still trying to rest my thumb and it's killing me not to be able to make stuff, you are right about that! I'm actually glad that the Five Below store is so far away. I don't need any more 'stuff' and that place is big on 'stuff'!!! They do have a great candy selection though!

      Delete
  13. Sorry bout your thumb, my shoulder is giving me probs, sit with heat on it every nite and tylonol every nite. Could be from shoveling this winter and hope will go away before gardening starts. Never heard of five below will check it out on line. Hope this storm coming will not be a bad one for you guys. hugs, lj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are getting really hit hard with the heavy wind and rain. My thumb is still bad. I think I'm going to have to see the doctor. I just cannot stand having to rest and not do any stitching.

      Delete